Browser warning

Fees for damages occurring in residence halls are charged to the responsible individual or group. When this is not possible, all residents of the hall or floor become collectively responsible for the costs involved. Fees may include replacement cost, labor cost, and a charge to deter damage. “Common Damage” bills are assessed to student accounts at the end of each semester.

Failure to clean room $25 or more
Failure to return key(s) $100 lock change + $15 per key
Furniture damage or missing Cost of replacement + $100
Failure to clean oven/stove/refrigerator $30 or more
Failure to restore furniture back $50 or more
Improper trash disposal $25 per bag
Late departure (after 11 a.m.) $100 each hour
Paint room $200 or more
Patch and paint holes $100 per wall/area or more
Sand/varnish door $200
Remove stickers $50 or more
Replace window screw(s) or policy cling $50 or more
Replace (1) window pane Cost of replacement + $50
Replace door Cost of replacement + $100
Replace blinds $100 or more
Replace (1) ceiling tile $50 or more
Carpet cleaning $100
Replace door peep hole $25
Replace signs or artwork $100-$1000 or more
Tampering with fire safety equipment $750 or more
Replace garbage cans and plants $500 or more
Replace floor tiles $150 or more
Replace cabinet/wardrobe doors Cost of replacement + $50
Vandalism $250 or more
Tampering with elevators $750 or more

All rooms will be re-inspected after they are vacated and all students have checked out. There may be other charges and/or disciplinary action taken for damage to the room or its contents and missing items not noted on initial inspection. Students may not repair any damages done to their rooms or apartments.

Some of these costs may be adjusted depending on the cost of replacement, labor and intentional damage. Residents are a part of the University community and are encouraged to take responsibility for their environment. Students witnessing vandalism should contact their resident assistant, head resident, or area coordinator. Reports can remain anonymous. Please send an e-mail to or