Welcome to Off-Campus Housing, where you have already begun taking your first steps to off-campus living by organizing yourself, seeking tips and getting ready for your search. The best thing about the process is that it's yours – a personalized search process where you find housing options that best fit your needs and accommodations. We do not assign students to off-campus housing nor provide roommate matching services; it is your responsibility to find the best fit in both situations. However, it is our goal to provide information, resources, and education for your successful transition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit Off-Campus Frequently Asked Questions for a full list of the most common off-campus housing questions and answers.
Preferred Off-Campus Housing
The Henry is currently pre-leasing for 2023—2024 academic year. Please view the off-campus resource map below for additional off-campus options.
With a convenient location close to the University’s downtown campus, you’ll have a short commute to your classes as well as access to all the city has to offer. The Henry offers modern apartments, resort-style community amenities and a vibrant student community. Make your college experience as comfortable as possible by joining the community. Come in for a tour today!
The Henry Photos and Video Tour
- 24/7 Strength and Conditioning Facility
- 8th Floor Resort Style Pool with Televisions
- 8th Floor Amenity Deck with Grills and Game Area
- Full Time Professionally Managed Building
- Package Delivery System
- Remote Guest Entry Video Intercom System
- Professionally Managed by National Student Housing Management Company
- Individual Leases
- Multiple Communal Study Areas
- Private and Group Study Rooms on Mezzanine Level
- Clubroom with Digital Gaming Stations and Billiards
- On-Site 24/7 Grab and Go Market
- On-Site Bicycle Storage
- 1,800 square feet of Restaurant and Retail
- Parcel Pending Package Management System
- Free Courtesy Shuttle To and From Campus
- Indoor/Outdoor Club and Lounge Areas
- Programmed Activities For Students
- City, Water, Bay or Riverwalk Views
- Wood-Style Flooring
- In-Unit Full-Size Washer and Dryer
- Fully Furnished
- Fully Equipped Kitchens with Stainless Steel Appliances
- Luxury Apartment Finishes
- Private Bedrooms with Keyed Entry
- Enhanced High-Speed Internet and Streaming Included
- Keyless Entry System
- Private and Semi-Private Bathrooms
Off-Campus Resource Map
The Office of Residence Life has implemented a mapping resource that simplifies the process for a successful transition off-campus. This map contains options available for off-campus living, hotels (short-term), storage facilities and moving companies. This map is best viewed using Google Chrome. If you need assistance navigating this map, please view the instructions (PDF).
Off-Campus Housing Fair
The Off-Campus Housing Fair assists students with their transition to off-campus living. The fairs take place each fall and spring semester. The fair serves as an interactive and educational resource for all students to learn about participating off-campus communities.
Off-Campus Facebook Page
University of Tampa Off-Campus Housing Resources Page: This is a private page that has postings of events, giveaways, apartment specials, independent landlord listings and general information about living off-campus.
UT Student Sublease and Roommate Search
Typically, to keep off-campus expenses lower than normal, students find a roommate to share the cost. We do not offer a direct roommate matching service for off-campus opportunities; however, we do provide online opportunities to connect through social media. The group to post for roommates is UTampa Roommate Requests (Off-Campus).
**The University of Tampa does not endorse, approve or recommend any of these services, but merely suggests them as resources. The off-campus information and listings in this resource are provided by agency contacts that are independent of The University of Tampa. The University of Tampa assumes no responsibility for information obtained from this website or any incidents that may arise from the use of information posted herein. The University of Tampa is not responsible for damages or loss of property for students in off-campus housing. Students who consider off-campus housing should consider the safety of the neighborhood where they plan to rent. Individuals using this information do so at their own risk. Persons using this resource and website agree to hold harmless The University of Tampa and its employees, officers, and directors from any and all injury, loss, damage or claim.
- Residence Life
- Applications and Forms
- Contact Residence Life
- Leadership Opportunities
- Living-Learning Communities
- Move-in Maps
- Off-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Housing FAQ
- On-Campus Housing
- Packing List
- Residence Halls
- Residence Life FAQ
- Room and Board Rates
- Spartan Living
- Vaughn Information Desk
Please review this information provided and then contact the off-campus housing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, Spartan ID number and cell phone number in the body of your email. You can also visit the Office of Residence Life in Vaughn Center 213 for rental property postings, community move-in specials and flyers with the latest information. Good luck in your search, and we look forward to being a great service for you to utilize.
- Off-Campus Housing Guide
- Tampa Police Department Crime Activity Map
- Tampa Police Department
- City of Tampa (Customer Service Center)
- Better Business Bureau
- FL Division of Corporations
- Furniture Rental (CORT)
- Landlord/ Tenant: FL Chapter 83
- Renters and Landlords Rights & Responsibilities
- Legal Services
- Off-Campus Housing FAQ
- Renters' Rights Handbook (FL)
- UT Campus Safety
- UT Dining Commuter Meal Plans