Spectrum U is provided for streaming cable television via computers, mobile and Roku devices in residence halls.
Note: Specific televisions may have other cable requirements.
- Log into MyUTampa and select the Spectrum U App
- Insert ut.edu as the school domain
- Use this job aid to learn how to register smart tv and gaming device on the wireless network.
Spectrum Compatible and Supported Devices
The following are devices and OS versions currently supported:
- Android smartphones and tablets running Android 5 or above
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 11 or above
- Kindle Fire phone and all Kindle Fire models except for the 1st generation model
- Mac: Safari 7 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher, or Chrome 43 or higher
- Windows: IE 11, Chrome 43 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher, or MS Edge 12 or higher
- Apple TV: All fourth and fifth-generation devices and tvOS version 12.0 or newer
Note: Chromecast is not a compatible and supported device. For a complete walkthrough on using Spectrum U, please visit the ITS Service Desk website.
- Residence Life
- Applications and Forms
- Contact Residence Life
- Leadership Opportunities
- Living-Learning Communities
- Move-in Maps
- Off-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Housing FAQ
- On-Campus Housing
- Packing List
- Residence Halls
- Residence Life FAQ
- Room and Board Rates
- Spartan Living
- Vaughn Information Desk