KeepLearning UT for Students
The University of Tampa provides access to technology tools and resources to facilitate the remote classroom experience, such as teleconference lectures and discussions, recorded presentations, shared materials and class assignments. We are committed to helping students optimize their online experience with technology.
- Understand the Basics
- Blackboard Learn is the University’s Learning Management System.
Protect Your Passwords
- Make sure to read the acceptable use policy (AUP)
- Never share your MyUTampa password with anyone
- Make sure your MyUTampa password is unique from other accounts you may have
Using Zoom Software
How to Prevent Zoom Bombing: 5 Simple Tips
- Never use your personal meeting ID. Each Zoom user has a personal meeting ID—think of it as your Zoom phone number.
- Always use a meeting password.
- Use Zoom's waiting room feature.
- Mute audio and disable video for meeting attendees. (optional)
- Turn off screen sharing for everyone but the meeting host/co-host.
Keep your Zoom Software Up-to-date
- When prompted, always run updates from Zoom as they may contain important security items.
- To take advantage of new features in Zoom, update your software often.
Using Office 365 and OneDrive
Protect your Data while using the "Anyone with the Link" Sharing Setting
- Use View only permissions, by unchecking the allow editing
- Set a password, and send it separately to those who you are sharing the document with
- Consider toggling the block download option
- Links will have a 120-day automatic expiration
Helpful Tips for Students’ Success Online
- Make sure you’re muted when not talking
- Be yourself and respect others
- Ask questions using chat
- Use reactions to engage with your class
- Think before you write
- Utilize the raise your hand feature if wanting to ask a question live
- Set up an intentional space where the class is going to happen
Sharing Documents using OneDrive
Using OneDrive, you can share Office documents, other files and entire folders. Please see the tips below to show you how. You can stop sharing an item, see who it's shared with or change the permissions of items you have shared.
Find out how to:
Monday - Friday 7:30 am. to 11 p.m.
Weekends 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Login to MyUTampa and click on the Service Desk App
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: +1 813 730 5030
- Call: (813) 253 6293
ITS Service Desk
Launch the Service Desk app in MyUTampa to contact us about any technology issues you might be having or if you are searching for information on your technology resources. Our Service Desk Portal includes:
- Easy-to-use form for submitting requests and reporting incidents
- Self-service knowledge base – a searchable directory with articles containing tips, tricks and quick solutions for issues that are most commonly reported to ITS.
- Service Catalog – a catalog of services that are provided by ITS, as well as a direct link to request those services.
ITS Service Desk Knowledge Base
Step-by-step instructions are available for many of the commonly used applications at UT, such as Blackboard, Zoom and Workday. To access the knowledge base, log into MyUTampa and then click on the “Service Desk” icon. After logging in, use the search function to locate step-by-step instructions.
Additionally, many direct links to specific knowledge base articles are available on this webpage:
- Blackboard - Students are able to virtually engage with each instructor via Blackboard. Course syllabi, documents and presentations, discussion boards, and grade information may be available, depending on how your instructors have set up the courses you’re enrolled in. This instructional video library details how students engage with their classes in Blackboard.
- Additional information on Zoom and other online tools can be found in the ITS Knowledge Base.
High-speed wireless connection is available at many locations around campus including in classrooms and in the residence halls. Make sure to connect all devices to UoT_Students using MyUTampa username and password. If you have a smart TV or gaming device, please visit ut.edu/mydevices.
MyUTampa is your launchpad to many of the applications you use every day on your computer and mobile device. This new portal makes accessing UT applications easier and reduces the number of accounts and passwords you have to remember. We strongly recommend using this portal as you will find it more convenient to navigate the necessities of the University. You will find that these apps are essential for your time spent at UT.
For more information about MyUTampa, please visit www.ut.edu/myutampa.
Okta Mobile is the mobile app for your MyUTampa homepage. This app will allow you to access all of your MyUTampa applications for easy and quick everyday use. We highly recommend downloading the Okta mobile app to your device as it will benefit you greatly. View Okta Mobile FAQ.
If your computer, whether PC or Mac, needs general repair, please contact a local repair shop. These repair shops are not affiliated with the University. The University makes no warrants or claims as to the merchantability of any hardware, software or services obtained from these establishments.
Ethernet cables and CATV coaxial cables for television may be purchased from the campus bookstore or another local vendor. Please contact the Student Service Desk if you need advice on selecting a network card or network patch cable.
If you have any concerns or issues, please submit a new incident to the service desk, by clicking on the Service Desk app inside MyUTampa.
NOTE: The University assumes no financial responsibility for damages or loss of personal property of students. Personal property insurance coverage is recommended if you are not covered by your parent’s personal property insurance policy.