The College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education (CSSME) is home to both undergraduate and graduate programs in three disciplinary clusters: social and behavioral sciences; pedagogical sciences; and mathematics and computational sciences.
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Political Science and International Studies
- Applied Sociology
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Instructional Design and Technology
Mathematics and Computational Sciences
Regardless of the program, there are several common attributes that best reflect the values of the College, including:
- Dedicated faculty who are excellent teachers and scholars
- Intensive student mentoring
- Experiential learning/undergraduate research opportunities
- An emphasis in international education
- Links to the Tampa Bay community and beyond
- State-of-the-art equipment and access to technology
CSSME offers students the opportunity to interact with their faculty in small class sizes. The college faculty members are all outstanding teachers who employ innovative teaching methodologies and experiential learning opportunities across all majors. Our faculty serve as guides and career mentors, acting as professional role models in their relationships with students both in and out of class.
CSSME offers a variety of internships, from work with local schools and government agencies to opportunities with area businesses, law enforcement and social service/governmental agencies. Many of our classes include community-engaged learning components that match students with community partners in real-world learning environments. CSSME faculty also engage students in collaborative research opportunities including Honors research fellowships, some of which result in academic conference presentations and publications for students.
CSSME faculty members are campus leaders in the University’s global education initiatives, teaching global issues and other international-based courses. CSSME strongly encourages students to study abroad and take travel courses. CSSME faculty have offered students myriad international travel and learning opportunities to major cities throughout Europe, Africa and Asia. Many of the University’s global education requirements are taught through our political science, history and international studies programs.
- College of Social Sciences, Mathematics and Education
- About CSSME
- Academic Programs
- Alumni - Stay Connected
- Dean's Welcome
- Faculty Excellence Award Winners
- Mission Statement
- Center for José Martí Studies Affiliate
- Center for Mathematics
- Criminology Institute for Research and Training
- Part-Time Faculty Council