UT is invested in helping students fully explore and embrace a holistic student experience. Beyond the Academic Exploration resources, the following services complement the decision-making process for students.
BAC Course Information
All incoming students are enrolled in Baccalaureate Experience (BAC) courses to aid in their transition to UT. Each course includes information on major and career exploration, directly connecting all students to the resources and professionals who can assist in individual exploration.
The Office of Career Services
Students are invited to unite their major and career exploration through self-assessment, career outlook information and other campus connections.
- FOCUS2, an online interactive self-assessment and guidance tool, helps students select the right college major and plan their career based on personality, interests, values, skills and aspirations. First, complete the self-assessment section, then schedule an appointment with the Office of Career Services. (Use “gateways” as the access code with your UT email address.)
- Consider completing an Informational Interview with other students, faculty or alumni to understand how their time at UT has led them to success.
- What Can I Do With this Major? provides information of how majors and careers connect including education, skills and desired experience.
- O*Net includes career profiles and occupational outlooks.
- CAR 201- Career Decision Making: This one-credit course is designed for first- and second-year students who have not declared a major or who are unsure of their declared major. Students will gain an understanding of the process of career decision making and explore values, interests, skills and personality and learn how they relate to major and career choices.
Academic Exploration Guidebook
Download the Academic Exploration Guidebook (PDF) to help guide you through your individual process. The guidebook includes information on the following:
- UT majors
- Exploration exercises
- Decision-making guides to lead you toward the best academic path for you.