With an emphasis on personalized instruction and support, faculty mentoring is at the core of academic advising. All students are assigned a primary advisor who works individually with them to provide academic guidance, assistance with academic policies and requirements, resources for academic support and help with processing special forms. Advising office staff and UT faculty collaborate to offer a complete undergraduate advising program.
First-year students are assigned a primary advisor from the staff in the Academic Advising Office, while transfer and continuing students are assigned a primary advisor within their major. Students can identify and contact their assigned primary advisor in Workday via the Academic Icon.
The Academic Advising Office is located on the second floor of the Technology Building (TECH). You can reach us at (813) 257-5757 or email@example.com. The Academic Advising Office will be open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Academic advisors are available for drop-in hours.
- First-year students, please contact your assigned academic advisor. Visit Workday for up-to-date advisor information.
- Continuing students please contact your assigned faculty advisor. See Workday for up-to-date advisor information.
- Advising drop-in hours:
- Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST
- Location: Technology Building (TECH), 2nd Floor
All forms including academic petition, audit a course, change of advisor, major, minor, certificate and satisfactory-unsatisfactory audit a course can be found on SpartanNet.
- Academic Advising Office
- Academic Exploration
- Academic Petitions and Appeals
- Mathematics Placement Assessment
- Pre-Health/Pre-Law Professions Advising
- Request to Change Advisor or Major, Minor and Certificate
- Residency Policy
- Transfer and Veteran Student Advising
- Transient Student Status
- Unofficial Degree Planning Worksheets
- Withdrawal from the University
- Withdrawing from Courses