Any student who desires to leave the University prior to the end of a current session must follow prescribed withdrawal procedures. Failure to withdraw officially or withdrawing after published withdrawal deadlines will result in a failing grade in each course for which the student is registered, jeopardizing his or her chances of being re-admitted to the University or transferring to another institution. Official withdrawals are initiated by filling out the Withdraw from UT form on SpartanNet.
- Students with general questions should contact the Registrar's Office, Plant Hall (PH) 90, email email@example.com or call (813) 257-7290.
- Undergraduate students with questions can contact the Academic Success Center, Jenkins Technology Building (TECH) 2nd Floor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 257-5757.
- Graduate students with questions can contact Graduate and Continuing Studies, Graduate & Health Studies Building (GHS) 6th Floor, email email@example.com or call (813) 257-7409.
After you have completed and submitted the form:
- Email Residence Life, firstname.lastname@example.org, to formally check out of the residence hall. Residents are normally given 24 hours to vacate once the withdrawal form is filed.
- If you have received federal student loans, please complete loan exit counseling at www.studentaid.gov. We recommend you speak with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss how withdrawals may impact your eligibility to receive financial aid funds.
- Update your address in Workday (instructions for how to do so can be found here)
- Failure to withdraw officially or withdrawing after published withdrawal deadlines will result in a failing grade in each course for which you are registered, jeopardizing your chances of being readmitted to the University or transferring to another institution.
*Please note that if you are absent two or more terms you are required to reapply for admission.
**Please refer to the current UT catalog for policies on readmission.
The University of Tampa Policy on Withdrawals and Leave of Absence from the University can be found in the catalog.
- Academic Advising Office
- Academic Exploration
- Academic Petitions and Appeals
- Mathematics Placement Assessment
- Pre-Health/Pre-Law Professions Advising
- Request to Change Advisor or Major, Minor and Certificate
- Residency Policy
- Transfer and Veteran Student Advising
- Transient Student Status
- Unofficial Degree Planning Worksheets
- Withdrawal from the University
- Withdrawing from Courses