Any student who desires to leave the University prior to the end of a current session must follow prescribed withdrawal procedures. Failure to withdraw officially or withdrawing after published withdrawal deadlines will result in a failing grade in each course for which the student is registered, jeopardizing his or her chances of being re-admitted to the University or transferring to another institution. Official withdrawals are initiated by filling out the Withdraw from UT form on SpartanNet.
- Undergraduate students with questions should contact the Academic Success Center, Technology Buliding (TECH) 2nd Floor, email email@example.com or call (813) 257-5757.
- Graduate students with questions should contact Graduate and Continuing Studies, Graduate & Health Studies Building (GHS) 6th Floor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 257-7409.
After you have completed and submitted the form:
- Email Residence Life, email@example.com, to formally checkout of the residence hall. Residents are normally given 24 hours to vacate once the withdrawal form is filed.
- If you have received federal student loans, please complete loan exit counseling at www.studentloans.gov. We recommend you speak with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss how withdrawals may impact your eligibility to receive financial aid funds.
- Update your address in Workday (instructions for how to do so can be found here)
- Failure to withdraw officially or withdrawing after published withdrawal deadlines will result in a failing grade in each course for which you are registered, jeopardizing your chances of being readmitted to the University or transferring to another institution.
*Please note that if you are absent two or more terms you are required to reapply for admission.
**Please refer to the current UT catalog for policies on readmission.
The University of Tampa Policy on Withdrawals from the University can be found in the catalog at http://ut.smartcatalogiq.com/en/current/catalog/Academic-Policies-and-Procedures/Withdrawal-from-the-University.
- Academic Advising Office
- Academic Exploration
- Academic Petitions and Appeals
- Mathematics Placement Assessment
- Pre-Health/Pre-Law Professions Advising
- Request to Change Advisor or Major, Minor and Certificate
- Residency Policy
- Transfer and Veteran Student Advising
- Transient Student Status
- Unofficial Degree Planning Worksheets
- Withdrawal from the University
- Withdrawing from Courses