Spartan Studies is The University of Tampa’s general education program that is completed by all undergraduate students at the University except for students in the Honors Program or those earning their Bachelor of Liberal Studies.
The Mission of Spartan Studies is to:
Prepare students to be successful, contributing members of the global community by providing a strong, liberal arts curriculum.
Based on this mission, we promote:
- Viewing the world from a variety of perspectives derived from studying the humanities, arts, social sciences and natural sciences
- Engaging with both the local and global communities
- Developing transferrable skills that support social mobility and contribute to academic, career and personal success
The goals of Spartan Studies are that students will:
- Become engaged, responsible citizens of the local community and the world
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication by analyzing issues within their local community and the world
- Evaluate information using appropriate analytical and technological tools to solve relevant problems within their local community and the world.
To accomplish these goals, students will encounter opportunities to cultivate, create, communicate and contribute to both the local and global communities.