Music ensembles at UT are as varied as the many interests of our students, and cover the gamut from traditional vocal and instrumental ensembles to ensembles specializing in contemporary styles and sonic experimentation. Music majors and minors participate in ensembles related to their performance area during each semester of private study. The Music Department also offers college-wide and community-based ensembles. Being part of an ensemble is a great way to enhance your experience at the University.
- Chamber Singers is the premier, mixed vocal ensemble of The University of Tampa. Audition required.
- Camerata Singers is a select chamber choir for women's voices. Audition required.
- OPUS is a select, mixed vocal ensemble specializing in musical theatre repertoire. Audition required.
- Opera Workshop is a select, dramatic vocal ensemble that introduces students to operatic repertoire through participation in staged performances. Audition required.
- Men’s and Women’s Glee Clubs are single gender, vocal groups that are open to all singers. No audition required.
Fall 2018 Audition Information for UT Bands has been posted.
- Wind Ensemble is a large concert band with flexible instrumentation. Membership is by audition at the beginning of fall semester. Follow the link for audition information.
- Jazz Ensemble is a traditional big-band of saxophones, trumpets, trombones and rhythm section. Membership is by audition. Follow the link for audition information.
- Spartan Band is UT’s athletic pep band. Membership is open to all UT students with high school band experience.
- Woodwind, Brass and Percussion Chamber Ensembles are small ensembles with various instrumentation (e.g., Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Saxophone Ensemble, etc.). Membership is by faculty approval.
- Symphony Orchestra is a large orchestra with standard symphonic instrumentation. Membership is open to all UT students as well as community musicians, by audition.
- Chamber Orchestra is a string chamber orchestra comprised of UT student performers. Students enrolling in the UT Chamber Orchestra are also encouraged to perform in the UT Symphonic Orchestra. Membership is by audition.
- String Chamber Ensembles are small ensembles comprised of strings and sometimes additional instruments (e.g., string quartet, piano trio, etc.). Membership is by faculty approval.
- Classical Guitar Ensemble is the main performance group for classical guitar students at UT and includes majors, minors and non-majors. Membership is by faculty approval.
- Piano Performance Class is an ensemble for piano students at UT where students perform solo repertoire and pieces for ensembles of pianists. Membership is by faculty approval.
- Studio Production Ensemble gives students hands-on experience with music production. Ensemble members exchange roles as performers, recording engineers, composers/arrangers and producers to learn the craft of writing, performing and recording popular music in the studio. No audition required, but enrollment requires basic performance skill and a prerequisite course in recording and electronic music.
- Interactive Arts Ensemble is a performance-driven creative workshop for physical interaction design, real-time video art, experimental musical instrument building, laptop ensembles, mobile phone orchestras and creative repurposing of technology for interdisciplinary performance. No audition required.
- Jazz Combo is a mixed instrumentation group for performance of music in various contemporary styles such as rock, swing, R&B, traditional jazz, fusion jazz and world music-influenced styles. Membership is by faculty approval.
- World Drumming Ensemble is a popular class at UT, where students learn hand-drumming techniques from non-Western cultures in a fun, high-energy performance ensemble. No audition required.