Skip to content

You can enhance your marketability to an employer by participating in internships, both to develop field-specific skills and to demonstrate to a potential employer that you have gained professional experience in the United States prior to your search for a full-time position. Remember that you must always meet with UT’s International Programs Office (IPO) PRIOR to doing any work off-campus, including internships.

If you are an international student and wish to gain experience off campus, you MUST earn academic credit for your internship (paid and unpaid).

  • Go to the International Programs Office (IPO) to verify that you are eligible for CPT and complete the necessary paperwork.

  • Watch the CPT workshop on Blackboard and complete the CPT quiz (must achieve passing grade of 80 percent or better).

  • GoinGlobal is a resource available to all UT students. It can be accessed via Handshake. GoinGlobal provides a list of companies across the US that have been known to provide sponsorship to recent graduates under the “H1B Visa” tab at the top of the GoinGlobal landing page.