Tuition, expenses and fees
Certificate Costs Per Course (2017-2018 Academic Year)
||Tuition ($603 per credit hour x 3 credit hours)
Certificate Costs with Scholarship (2017-2018 Academic Year)
||*Scholarship (50% of projected total costs)
|| *TOTAL Projected Student Cost
*Scholarship is applied to tuition. Therefore, students pay program fees and book costs.
Scholarship Requirements for the Certificate in Nonprofit Management
Applications will be accepted for the May 2018 cohort scholarship starting December 2017.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay awards a limited number of scholarships each year for qualified candidates. The award amount equals half the cost of the program (tuition, program fees and books, with the total being applied directly to tuition costs).
Apply online for our competitive nonprofit management scholarship. Application deadline is March 1, 2018, for the May 2018 term. Notification date will be approximately April 1, 2018.
Student Eligibility Requirements
The Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay awards a limited number of scholarships each year for qualified candidates.
To be eligible for the Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Gain admission to the program. All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies at The University of Tampa. Preference will be given to students with nonprofit management experience and potential to serve in leadership roles in the future.
- Have significant nonprofit/governmental organization (NP/NGO) experience, demonstrated by:
a. A minimum of two years of full-time NP/NGO employment, or
b. At least three years of continuous volunteer leadership with an NP/NGO
- Demonstrate a commitment to working within the Tampa Bay nonprofit sector for at least five years (beginning from the date of acceptance into the certificate program).
Requirements of Scholarship Recipients
In order to meet the goals of the program, scholarship recipients will be required to meet the following obligations:
- Participate in and fulfill all obligations associated with the certificate program course requirements.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
- At the conclusion of the certificate program, reaffirm a commitment to maintaining or pursuing a social sector career in the Tampa Bay area.
- If needed, represent the Sykes College of Business and/or the Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay to prospective students, alumni and other interested parties through events, publications and informal channels to increase awareness of the program.
If at any time between acceptance of the scholarship and graduation recipients do not fulfill all of the above obligations, they will forfeit their eligibility and any remaining tuition will be the student's responsibility.