The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement (OSLE) employees are an integral part of the leadership program. Approximately 100 students work for OSLE. Positions range from Student Engagement Assistants to PEACE volunteer coordinators. With a variety of positions available, students can learn new skills and develop leadership abilities.
For more information about any open positions, please visit the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement located in Vaughn Center room 215 or call (813) 253-6233.
Employment Opportunities Typically Available
PEACE Volunteer Coordinators
Assist students in identifying volunteer opportunities in the Tampa Bay area and plan volunteer events for UT faculty, staff and students. PEACE (People Exploring Active Community Experience) also sponsors volunteer events for the campus community. More than 250 nonprofit agencies are registered with PEACE, which documented more than 24,000 community/campus service hours performed by the UT community last academic year. Please contact PEACE at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Get paid to tutor children in various subjects at Academy Prep. Some training is required as well as transportation to the school. Great for education students or anyone who would like to make a difference in the life of a child.
Student Organization Suite Assistants
Student Organization Suite Assistants are responsible for:
- Assisting in managing the overall operation of the Student Organization Suite
- Providing services to students utilizing the Student Organization Suite (making copies, gathering supplies, etc.)
- Providing assistance on navigating University processes (room reservations, media services, University policies, etc.)
- Assisting in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the Student Organization Suite
For more information, please visit the Student Organization Suite in the Vaughn Center room 209, or email email@example.com.
Student Engagement Assistants
The role of a Student Engagement Assistant (SEA) is to provide University knowledge and services to the campus community and guests of The University of Tampa. The SEA carries out the daily responsibilities of customer service and daily operations in order to make sure the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement is a symbol of the University's commitment customer pride and service.
Some responsibilities of the Student Engagement Assistants (SEA) include:
- Answer OSLE department emails and phone calls demonstrating great customer service and communication skills
- Assist with checkout processes for Vaughn Center keys and commuter lockers
- Pick up and distribute mail for OSLE and FSL staff
- Assist with Hart 31-Day Bus Passes
- Complete administrative tasks and projects as requested by the OSLE staff assistant
- Approve department fliers
- Provide assistance on navigating University processes
- Have knowledge of student programs and events
- Assist in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the OSLE suite
- Maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive student information
Vaughn Center Building Managers
The building manager is responsible for all operational duties of the Vaughn Center including but not limited to catering to the needs of events being held in the building, safety of the building and maintaining the student-focused environment of the building.
Some responsibilities of the building managers include:
- Maintain overall management and policy enforcement in the Vaughn Center including ensuring the following of Spartan Shield guidelines
- Complete hourly walk-throughs of Vaughn Center, Sykes Chapel and Center for Faith and Values and Plant Hall
- Monitor Vaughn Courtyard tabling and ensure Spartan Shield guidelines are being followed
- Establish strong relationships with facilities and housekeeping to maintain overall cleanliness of buildings
- Utilize quick decision-making skills to respond appropriately during emergency situations
- Open Spartan Club and assist with equipment rental for the space
- Complete weekly inventories of both buildings
- Responsible for monitoring the posting areas by removing outdated posters within the Vaughn Center and Plant Hall
Working in the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement is a great way to help pay for school or earn extra income. Job hours are flexible with positions available for all hours and days. OSLE is proud to add the Student Employee of the Year Award to be announced at the annual Leadership Awards Night.
How to Apply
Candidates must be full-time students enrolled in a degree program and demonstrate a commitment to working well with others, good communication skills and willingness to be a team player. Please log in to your Workday and use the Careers chicklet to view all open on-campus job applications available at UT. A resume and often a cover letter are required.
For more information, please contact OSLE at (813) 253-6233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.