Mail Services, located in the Southard Family Building, is the primary source for shipping and receiving items for residential students actively living on campus. Mail Services accepts packages from all major carriers and provides United States Postal Service (USPS) outbound shipping services to the entire campus.
Mail Services is dedicated to providing the University community with outstanding service. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via:
Telephone: (813) 257-3364
Hours of Operation
Front Window Services
Regular Hours: Monday—Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday—Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. | May 16 to Aug. 4
Fall 2022 Move-In Hours
Wednesday—Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. | Aug. 24 to Aug. 26
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Aug. 27
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Aug. 28
Extended Fall 2022 Hours
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. | Aug. 29 to Sept. 16
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Sept. 3, Sept. 10
Extended Spring 2023 Hours
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. | Jan. 17 to Jan. 27
Parcel Locker Access
Monday—Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. (Access with Spartan Card after 6 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Access with Spartan Card)
The UT Mail Services team is excited for your arrival in August and would like to offer you guidance that will help plan for your upcoming move to campus.
All residential students are assigned a mailbox number. Your mailbox is confirmed, activated and ready to accept mail once you have completed the check-in process with Residence Life upon your arrival. Therefore, please refrain from having untracked mail sent to campus prior to your arrival except for UT parking passes and official UT-related documents. Once assigned, mailbox information and address format can be located in Workday.
Beginning Jan. 3, Mail Services will accept and hold packages shipped prior to your arrival on campus. So that we may efficiently provide service to you during this peak time, we ask for your support by adhering to the following restrictions and guidelines:
- Three (3) packages per student (Jan. 3 through Jan. 28)
- Weight limit of 50 pounds per package
- NO appliances (refrigerators, grills, toaster ovens)
- NO large furniture
- NO perishable packages (until after Jan. 17)
Packages should be sent five (5) days prior to your arrival on campus. By doing so, you help ensure the prompt arrival and processing of your shipment. We suggest having packages arrive here before Jan. 11. Although all carriers are accepted, we ask that you utilize a carrier that offers a trackable service such as UPS or FedEx. Remember to keep the carrier tracking information for your records.
Please use the following address format when shipping packages ahead for spring move-in only:
First and Last Name
401 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Spring Move-In 2023
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
When shipping packages, we strongly advise against shipping smaller items such as medications, chargers and toiletries. It is better to bring items you will immediately need with you. Bedding, linens and refrigerator options are available through Residence Life and help to avoid the hassle of transporting items across campus.
After Jan. 17, you are free to resume normal ordering and shipping.
An email providing instructions for collection will be sent to your Spartans email account. We encourage you to collect your packages after checking in to your residence hall. Handcarts are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please direct any questions to Mail Services by email at email@example.com or by phone at (813) 257-3364.
Shipping to Campus
When shipping, ordering or providing your UT address use the following address format exactly as is written below:
First and Last Name
401 W. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33606
- DO NOT ADDRESS PACKAGES TO "P.O. BOX" Doing so, has resulted in mail and packages delivered to an incorrect location in Tampa.
- We cannot guarantee the delivery of items addressed incorrectly. Do not use nicknames, second-party names or in C/O. Please make sure to use the recipient’s full legal name.
All special deliveries (flowers, cakes, etc.) not delivered by a carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) will be redirected to the Vaughn Center information desk.
Special deliveries will be held at the Vaughn Center Information Desk for up to 72 hours after delivery. The Vaughn Center Information Desk will notify students directly via their Spartan email that a package has been delivered for them. Students will then have 72 hours to pick up their delivery with proof of identification. Perishable items can only be held for 24 hours. Items not picked up in the allotted time frame will be discarded. The Vaughn Center Information Desk is not responsible for any packages discarded after the allotted time frames.
Mail Services makes every effort to process packages delivered so they are available on the same day. The start of semesters is very busy for Mail Services as we work to accept, process, sort and notify students of their packages. During these peak times, students should expect a two-to-three-business-day processing time before packages are ready for retrieval. Residential students actively living on campus with properly addressed packages will receive a total of two email notifications from Mail Services.
- Until the student receives the second email the item is not ready for pick up.
- Your student ID will be required to pick up items.
- Packages made available through the parcel lockers expire after two days and will then need to be collected from the front counter.
- All unclaimed packages will be returned to the sender after 15 days, except for packages containing perishable items. Those packages will be returned after two days.
- Packages received with incorrect, or no names will be held for seven days and then returned to the sender if unclaimed.
- Mail Services is unable to release any package received with incorrect names or no name without proof of tracking information and name of the sender. It is the responsibility of the recipient to contact Mail Services in the event you are expecting a package and have yet to receive notification.
- Mail Services does not have access to USPS, FedEx, UPS or any other carrier's internal tracking systems.
Outside of peak times, First-Class Mail® is processed and made available to the recipient the same day. Residential students actively living on campus will receive an email notification from Mail Services.
- MAIL SERVICES ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST CASH. We strongly advise against sending cash in mail or packages. If necessary, we urge you to please use a trackable service.
- Mail and packages received with visible damage or appear to have contents missing will be documented and made available to the recipient.
- Any mail with incorrect names, nicknames or no name will be returned to the sender. This includes mail addressed to students who no longer live on campus and mail forwarding has expired.
- Please follow these links to File A Claim, if you need to Report Missing Mail or if you're experiencing Delayed Mail and Packages.
Mail Services provides "piece-by-piece" forwarding of primarily First-Class Mail® service only. All other carriers’ items will need to be returned to the sender. Additional information can be found on our Mail Services Box Information webpage.
- All residential students should submit a mail forwarding form prior to leaving on-campus housing. The forwarding address provided is effective upon submission and will expire in three months.
- Mail forwarding during Winter Leave is available by special request only.
- Forwarding services are not available during Thanksgiving or Spring breaks.
Mail Services offers select outbound shipping services via USPS. Outbound mail is picked up by 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Services offered include the following:
- Stamp sales
- Insurance (We strongly recommend the insurance of all packages.)
- Delivery confirmation
USPS is the only outbound service offered at this time.
UPS: UPS packages may be sent via UT’s bookstore, located on the first floor of Vaughn Center. There is also a UPS Store located at 301 W. Platt St. next to Walgreens.
FedEx: UT’s Mail Services Office does have a FedEx drop box located in the lobby for Express shipments only. The collection of this box occurs each business day at 6 p.m. You may contact FedEx by calling (800) 238-5355.