Music scholarships are awarded up to $16,000 over four years (annual award amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000 per year, renewable for four years). Music scholarships may be combined with other forms of financial aid, with some exceptions (for more information on the exceptions, see section in the UT catalog on "Excessive Awards"). In order to view additional information on renewal requirements, visit the Scholarship Renewal webpage, under "Departmental Scholarships."
- New entering students (fall term entry only)
- Must complete a live audition either on campus or through a live video chat
- Must major and make continuous progress towards one of the following music degree programs:
- Participate in assigned ensembles each semester
- Complete an online music audition form. You will be prompted at the end of the form to select an audition date. Applicants will be contacted to confirm an audition date.
- Audition dates correspond with admissions Open House dates. Special on-campus audition appointments other than campus visit dates may be arranged (contact email@example.com for assistance).
Must audition and be accepted for full-time study for scholarship consideration by Feb. 17.
Music scholarships are prioritized by declared major, skill level and instrument/voice type, in the following preferential order:
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 253-6212.