The department has established professional extracurricular programs for students, which are supported by industry partnerships.
An Association for Computing Machinery student chapter which:
- Provides a networking mechanism for students;
- Provides access to learning material over and above those provided in required course;
- Involves speakers from the industry;
- Provides students with leadership opportunities related to MIS; and
- Provides a means for informing and exciting students about the field.
A Cybersecurity Club, which
- Increases students' knowledge on various topics related to information security;
- Provides practical skills through different technical workshops;
- Promotes ethical hacking and involving students in Capture the Flag (CTF) events;
- Partners with business and technology leaders in the community; and
- Provides opportunities for students to improve their resumes and obtain jobs and internships in the field.
A student honor society, Alpha Iota Mu, which:
- Provides recognition for high performing students, and
- Provides a mechanism to showcase high-performing students for potential employers and the IT community at large.