Students desiring to major or minor in music must successfully audition for acceptance into the Department of Music.
The Bachelor of Music in Performance degree at UT is designed for students who aspire to careers as professional musicians. Through intensive study of music in private lessons with highly-skilled professional faculty, participation in varied undergraduate-focused ensembles and frequent experiential concert opportunities, the program prepares students to enter the field as performers, ensemble conductors and music directors. Students also develop a foundation of comprehensive musicianship that prepares them for future graduate study in music or careers as private music teachers. Throughout their study, students are offered the opportunity to participate in master classes and recitals, attend guest artist/faculty recitals and become involved with the many cultural opportunities the Tampa Bay region has to offer.
Watch Video on YouTube
- perform music professionally
- teach privately
- conduct and direct music ensembles
- continue performance and/or pedagogy studies at the graduate level
Topics of Study
- music performance through private study and ensembles
- instrumental and vocal techniques
- conducting (choral and/or instrumental)
- music pedagogy
- music theory and aural skills
- music literature, music history, world music
- sound recording, editing and technology
See audition requirements for the Bachelor of Music in Performance.