Admission to the Executive MBA program is competitive and applicants are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please use either paper application (PDF) or online application. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of an admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
The total tuition for the Executive MBA program for students entering the cohort in Fall 2022 is $53,780. Updated tuition information for students entering the cohort in Fall 2023 will be available by late Spring 2023. The total tuition is payable over the course of the program in five equal installments.
Rated by Fortune magazine as a “Best Value,” the total tuition for the EMBA program is an all-inclusive amount for the five-semester program. The cost includes tuition costs for all semesters, all books, course materials and student service fees as well as career management services tailored to executive MBA students. The program fee also includes a personal iPad, breakfast and lunch during each class meeting and airfare and lodging for the international trip.
- Completed application
- Four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE)** (The admission committee may waive the GMAT or GRE requirement based on the following: A minimum GPA of 3.0 or better from an accredited four-year institution; Relevant coursework; Required work experience; A satisfactory entry interview)
- Seven years of relevant professional work experience (leadership roles preferred)
- Application fee of $40
** The admission committee may waive the GMAT or GRE requirement based on the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or better from an accredited four-year institution
- Relevant coursework
- Required work experience
- A satisfactory entry interview
Note: Meeting the criteria listed above only qualifies a student to request a GMAT waiver. All GMAT waivers are reviewed on an individual basis and must be approved by a committee. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
The EMBA class is comprised of students who represent a wide array of industries, including, communications, consulting, energy, the federal government, health care, military and technology. The average age of students is 40 years old with 16 years of work experience.
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies