Published: April 12, 2021
UT to Host “Navigating Cybersecurity,” a Series of Six Courses Designed For Leaders
The TECO Energy Center for Leadership at the Sykes College of Business is offering an online series of courses titled “Navigating Cybersecurity: The Foundations for Leaders” from May 5 to June 9 that’s designed to help leaders recognize cybersecurity risks and effectively manage them. Those who successfully complete all six sessions will earn a certificate.
“COVID-19 has forever changed the way businesses will operate. Now, more than ever, leaders need to make sure their organizations are ready for what is new in the cybersecurity world,” said Frank Ghannadian, dean of the Sykes College of Business.
The “Navigating Cybersecurity” program will be facilitated by leading business faculty and professionals. Sessions will occur on six consecutive Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m. The sessions will be as follows.
- May 5: “Current Issues in the World of Cybersecurity” with facilitator Hwee-Joo Kam, assistant professor of cybersecurity
- May 12: “Common Vulnerabilities, Threats and Attacks” with facilitator Chen Zhong, assistant professor of cybersecurity
- May 19: “Defense Mechanisms of Cybersecurity” with facilitator Chen Zhong, assistant professor of cybersecurity
- May 26: “Cyber Risk Management and Contingency Planning” with facilitator Alper Yayla, director and associate professor of cybersecurity
- June 2: “Leadership Issues in Cybersecurity” with facilitator Hwee-Joo Kam, assistant professor of cybersecurity
- June 9: “Developing and Implementing a Cybersecurity Program in Your Organization” with facilitator Alper Yayla, director and associate professor of cybersecurity
Registration for the series costs $249. Visit ut.edu/learnandlead to register for the series and you’ll receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
For more information, contact Dominique Walker, coordinator of operations at the Sykes College of Business, at email@example.com or (813) 257-3782.