Published: September 07, 2022
UT Honors Program Fall Symposia Series Begins Sept. 16
The University of Tampa’s Fall 2022 Honors Program Symposia series will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 16, with a presentation by students from the Oxford Study Abroad Program. The presentation will be held in the Trustee’s Boardroom on the ninth floor of the Vaughn Center and is free and open to the public. Attendees do not need to register prior to entry.
Oxford students travel to the United Kingdom for one semester to participate in this competitive program. This cohort included Lauren Marolf ’23, Alex Piontek ’23, Hope Pohlman ’24, Michelle Joos ’23, Catie Valentino ’23 and Tori Walters ’23. Their talk will feature their travels, tutorial subjects and co-curriculars in which they participated while abroad during the Spring 2022 semester.
All lectures in the Honors Program Symposia are free to the public, 45 minutes long and held on the UT campus. They will all be recorded and posted one to two weeks after the event. See below for a full schedule:
- 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16, Oxford Student Abroad Program presentation, Trustee’s Board Room, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, “Good, Fast, Cheap Filmmaking,” by Aaron Walker, chair and associate professor of film, animation and new media. Trustee’s Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, Timothy M. Smith Inspiration Through Exploration Award presentation with award recipient Drew McDougall ’23, Trustee’s Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- 4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, “Public Memory and Tampa’s Black Cemeteries,” by Julie Nelson, assistant professor of English and Writing. Charlene A. Gordon Theater, Ferman Center for the Arts
- 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, “Financial Shenanigans,” by Michael Baker, visiting lecturer of accounting. Trustee’s Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, “Phycological Musings,” by Kevin Beach, chair and Dana professor of biology. Charlene A. Gordon Theater, Ferman Center for the Arts
Please note that dates and locations are subject to change. For more information, contact the Honors Program at (813) 257-3545 or email@example.com.