Published: June 04, 2020
Five cadets from The University of Tampa will be participating in the U.S. Army's National Commissioning Ceremony on June 12, 2020, at 10 a.m. Eastern time.
The event, the largest ever, will be conducted virtually at dvidshub.net/webcast/24133 and will celebrate more than 1,000 cadets from across the country. The UT cadets include:
- Erika Roy, a distinguished military graduate and psychology major commissioning into the Signal Corps
- George Bradley, a criminology and criminal justice major commissioning into the Military Intelligence branch with a branch detail to Infantry
- Ryan DePietro, a distinguished military graduate and history major commissioning into the Infantry
- Peter Makrides, a business management major commissioning into the Military Intelligence branch with a branch detail to Infantry
- Chris Martinez, a history major commissioning into the Signal Corps with a branch detail to Infantry
In today's COVID-19 environment of social distancing, the U.S. Army Cadet Command's primary focus is on the health, welfare and safety of soldiers, civilians, cadets and family members. With this in mind, Cadet Command remains focused on meeting the needs of the nation by commissioning strong and agile leaders of character for the U.S. Army.
During the ceremony, the Honorable Ryan McCarthy, Secretary of the Army, will lead the cadets as they recite the Oath of Commissioned Officers and become Second Lieutenants in the U.S. Army. Cadets will participate from their homes.
To learn more about the U.S. Army Cadet Command, visit their Facebook page at facebook.com/ArmyROTC/.
For more information, please contact T. Robert Carl, assistant professor of military science, at (609) 346-4674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.