Academic Excellence Programs
Summer II: Thursday, July 7—Thursday, Aug. 4
Both Drop-in Tutoring and Scheduled Appointments will take place via Zoom during Summer I and II. Instructions on how to view drop-in shifts and how to schedule appointments are below under "Instructions on Accessing and Scheduling Tutoring Sessions in Navigate" under courses offered.
Access Academic Excellence Programs Zoom room for Drop-in Sessions
*Please view the drop-in schedule on Navigate before logging into the Zoom room.
Tutoring is a great way to start your semester off successfully. Not only will you become more proficient in the course you are tutored in, but most tutors are upper-level UT students who have been where you are and can relate to what you are going through. Besides their knowledge of subject material, they are also a great source for answers to questions you may have about other resources on campus. Learn more about what to expect during your tutor session. To ensure that peer tutors are able to assist students effectively and efficiently, please come to your tutoring session prepared with questions, books, practice tests and other relevant materials.
Drop-in tutoring is designed to help students better understand a concept, process or steps for problem-solving. During a drop-in session, you may meet with the tutor one-on-one or in a group, depending on student demand. To ensure students get an opportunity to meet with a tutor, drop-in sessions cannot exceed 30 minutes.
Scheduled appointments are one-on-one sessions that are 60-minutes long so the tutor and tutee can dive deeper into course content the student may need better clarity on. Scheduled sessions also allow students to schedule appointments in advance and select their preferred tutor.
Courses Currently Offered during Summer II:
- College Algebra: MAT 160
- Pre-Calculus: MAT 170
- Calculus I: MAT 260
- Financial Accounting Information: ACC 202
- Managerial Accounting: ACC 203
- General Biology II (2): BIO 199
- Chemistry and Society: CHE 126
- General Chemistry II (2): CHE 154
- Organic Chemistry II (2): CHE 234
*Please note that tutor schedules are subject to change. We understand your time is valuable, so please check the tutoring schedule in Navigate to ensure the session you plan to attend that day is available.
Instructions on Accessing and Scheduling Tutoring Sessions in Navigate
- Log in to MyUTampa with your University of Tampa domain login credentials (username and password used for accessing computers).
- Click on the EAB Navigate applet.
- This will take you to the Student Home page.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Get Assistance.
- On the Get Assistance page, select Tutoring/Peer Support under the appointment type.
- Select Course-based Tutoring under Service.
- Under Pick a Date, select the desired date.
- Click the Find Available Time.
- Under Staff, select desired staff (not required).
- For DROP-IN sessions: Under location select Academic Coaching, Tutoring and Testing Center.
**Please note that all drop-in sessions will occur in the Academic Coaching, Tutoring and Testing Center behind the pool.
- To schedule an APPOINTMENT: Select Schedule an Appointment on the right side of the page.
**Please note that all scheduled appointments will occur via Zoom— link will be provided during appointment scheduling.
- Select the course that you want to see the schedule for. A course may not populate for the following reasons:
**Tutoring is not available for that course.
**The tutor(s) has appointments already scheduled.
**The times available for tutoring conflict with a course you are currently taking.
- Available sessions will be listed on the right-hand side of the page.
**For drop-in sessions, click View Drop-in Times below the available appointment sessions and select Online Coaching and Tutoring to view available drop-in times.
- For appointment sessions, select a day and time that you would like to attend a session.
- Review the appointment details, add any notes about specific items you would like to discuss with the tutor and click the Schedule button. An email confirmation will be sent to you and the tutor.