Tutoring is a great way to start your semester off successfully. Not only will you become more proficient in the course you are tutored in, but most tutors are upper-level UT students who have been where you are and can relate to what you are going through. Besides their knowledge of subject material, they are also a great source for answers to questions you may have about other resources on campus. Learn more about what to expect during your tutor session. To ensure that peer tutors are able to assist students effectively and efficiently, please come to your tutoring session prepared with questions, books, practice test and other relevant materials.
Drop-in tutoring is designed to help students better understand a concept, process or steps for problem-solving. During a drop-in session, you may meet with the tutor one-on-one or in a group, depending on student demand. To ensure students get an opportunity to meet with a tutor, drop-in sessions cannot exceed 30 minutes.
Scheduled appointments are one-on-one sessions that are 60-minutes long so the tutor and tutee can dive deeper into course content the student may need better clarity on. Scheduled sessions also allow students to schedule appointments in advance and select their preferred tutor.
Courses Currently Offered in Fall 2021
- Introductory Algebra: MAT 150
- Finite Mathematics for Liberal Arts: MAT 155
- College Algebra: MAT 160
- Pre-Calculus: MAT 170
- Calculus for Business: MAT 225
- Calculus I (1): MAT 260
- Application Development: ITM 251
- Information Security Principles: ITM 350
- Business Statistics and Analytics: QMB 210
- Principles of Microeconomics: ECO 204
- Principles of Macroeconomics: ECO 205
- General Psychology: PSY 101
- Statistics and Experimental Methods: PSY 211
- General Chemistry I (1): CHE 152
- General Chemistry II (2): CHE 154
- Organic Chemistry I: CHE 232
- General Biology I (1): BIO 198
- General Biology II (2): BIO 199
- Introduction to Marine Science: MAR 200
- Spanish Elementary to Advanced: SPA 101/SPA 102/SPA 201/SPA 202/SPA 300
- French Elementary to Intermediate: FRE 101/FRE 102/FRE 201/FRE 202
- Anatomy and Physiology I (1)and II (2): HSC 230/HSC 231/HSC 234/HSC 235 - Located in Health Science and Human Performance Anatomy and Physiology Laboratories, room 105 and 119. For information on Anatomy and Physiology tutoring.
Instructions on Accessing and Scheduling Tutoring Sessions in Navigate
- Log in to MyUTampa with your University of Tampa domain login credentials (username and password used for accessing computers).
- Click on the EAB Navigate applet.
- This will take you to the Student Home page.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Get Assistance.
- On the Get Assistance page, select Tutoring/Peer Support under the appointment type.
- Select Course-based Tutoring under Service.
- Under Pick a Date, select the desired date.
- Click the Find Available Time
- Under Staff, select desired staff (not required).
- For DROP-IN sessions: Under location select Academic Coaching, Tutoring and Testing Center.
*Please note that all drop-in sessions will occur in the Academic Coaching, Tutoring and Testing Center behind the pool.
- To schedule an APPOINTMENT: Select Schedule an Appointment on the right side of the page.
*Please note that all scheduled appointments will occur via Zoom—link will be provided during appointment scheduling.
- Select the course that you want to see the schedule for.
*Only courses you are enrolled in that we currently offer tutoring sessions for will appear in the drop-down menu.
- Available sessions will be listed on the right-hand side of the page.
**For drop-in sessions, click View Drop-in Times below the available appointment sessions and select Online Coaching and Tutoring to view available drop-in times.
- For appointment sessions, select a day and time that you would like to attend a session.
- Review the appointment details, add any notes about specific items you would like to discuss with the tutor and click the Schedule button. An email confirmation will be sent to you and the tutor.
Email email@example.com or call (813) 257-5757.
Seeking a tutor position?
Apply online through Handshake.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
AEP is always looking for good scholars who are interested in tutoring other students. If you have at least a 3.0 GPA, attended UT for at least one semester and received a minimum AB in the subject you wish to tutor, then you are eligible to apply to be a tutor. Available positions are posted on HireUT each semseter. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.