Tutoring is a great place to start your successful semester. Not only will you become more proficient in the course you are tutored in, but most tutors are upper-level UT students who have been where you are and can relate to what you are going through. Besides their knowledge of subject material, they are also a great source for answers to questions you may have about other resources on campus. Tutors are available for traditionally challenging courses in science, math, statistics, accounting, finance, economics, languages and more.
Spring 2021 Remote Peer Support Services
All AEP peer tutoring will be offered via Zoom this semester. Course-based tutoring sessions are currently available for the following courses:
Courses Available for Appointment and Drop In
- Introductory Algebra: MAT 150
- Finite Mathematics for Liberal Arts: MAT 155
- College Algebra: MAT 160
- Pre-Calculus: MAT 170
- Calculus for Business: MAT 225
- Calculus I (1): MAT 260
- Financial Accounting: ACC 202
- Managerial Accounting: ACC 203
- Financial Management: FIN 310
- Application Development: ITM 251
- Information Security Principles: ITM 350
- Business Statistics and Analytics: QMB 210
- Principles of Microeconomics: ECO 204
- Principles of Macroeconomics: ECO 205
- Statistics and Experimental Methods: PSY 211
- Biostatistics: HSC 350
- Chemistry and Society: CHE 126
- Chemistry for Health Care Professions: CHE 150
- General Chemistry I (1): CHE 152
- General Chemistry II (2): CHE 154
- General Psychology: PSY 101
- General Physics I (2): PHY 200
- General Physics II (2): PHY 201
- General Biology I (1): BIO 198
- General Biology II (2): BIO 199
- Anatomy and Physiology I (1) and II (2): HSC 230/HSC 231/HSC 234/HSC 235
- Spanish Elementary to Advanced: SPA 101/SPA 102/SPA 201/SPA 202/SPA 300/SPA 301
- Italian Elementary to Intermediate: ITA 101/ITA 102/ITA 201/ITA 202
- Introduction to Sociology: SOC 100
- English Language Assistance
Tutoring is not offered for all UT courses, however additional courses will be added as we continue to hire tutors. Log-in to Navigate to view available appointment tutoring sessions. Students seeking tutoring must be enrolled in the course for Spring 2021 session(s).
Instructions on Accessing and Scheduling Tutoring Sessions on Navigate
- Log in to MyUTampa with your University of Tampa domain login credentials (username and password used for accessing computers).
- Click on the EAB Navigate applet.
- This will take you to the Student Home page.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Get Assistance.
- On the Get Assistance page, select Tutoring/ Peer Support under the appointment type.
- Then select Course-based Tutoring under Service.
- Under Pick a Date, select the desired date.
- Click the Find Available Time button.
- Under Staff, select desired staff (not required)
- Select the location: Online Coaching and Tutoring.
- Select the course for which you are seeking to schedule a session. *Only courses you are enrolled in that we currently offer tutoring sessions for will appear in the drop-down menu.
- Available appointment sessions will be listed on the right-hand side of the page. **For drop-in sessions, click View Drop-in Times below the available appointment sessions and select Online Coaching and Tutoring to view available drop-in times.
- For appointment sessions, select a day and time that you would like to attend a session.
- Review the appointment details, add any notes about specific items you would like to discuss with the tutor and click the Schedule button. An email confirmation will be sent to you and the tutor.
Note: In order to assist students effectively and efficiently, please come to your tutoring session prepared with questions, books, practice test, etc.
Drop-In Schedule for Available Courses
|Financial Accounting: ACC 202||11:30am-12:30pm||6:30pm-8pm||12pm-4:30pm||10:30am-1:30pm, 2pm-4pm||9:30am-12:30pm||2pm-5pm|
|Managerial Accounting: ACC 203||9am-10am||12pm-2pm||2pm-4pm||9am-12pm|
|Principles of Microeconomics: ECO 204||9am-10am, 4pm-8pm||4pm-6:30pm||9am-12pm||11am-2pm|
|Principles of Macroeconomics: ECO 205||9am-10am, 4pm-8pm||4pm-6:30pm||9am-12pm||11am-2pm|
|Financial Management: FIN 310||11:30am-12:30pm||6:30pm-8pm||9:30am-12:30pm|
|Application Development: ITM 251||9:30am-12pm||1:30pm-3pm||12pm-7pm|
|Information Security Principles: ITM 350||9:30am-12:30pm||5pm-8pm|
|Business Statistics and Analytics: QMB 210||9am-10am||9am-12pm|
|Introductory Algebra: MAT 150||12pm-3pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-8pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-9pm|
|College Algebra: MAT 160||12pm-3pm||11am-1pm, 5pm-7:30pm||11am-1pm, 5pm-8pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-9pm|
|Pre-Calculus: MAT 170||12pm-5pm||9am-11am, 5pm-7:30pm||3pm-8pm||5pm-7:30pm||1:30pm-9pm|
|Calculus I: MAT 260||12pm-3pm, 4pm-8pm||9am-1:30pm, 5pm-7:30pm||2:30pm-8:00pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-9pm|
|Finite Mathematics for Liberal Arts: MAT 155||12pm-3pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-8pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-9pm|
|Calculus for Business: MAT 225||12pm-3pm||11am-1pm, 5pm-7:30pm||5pm-8pm||5pm-7:30pm||5pm-9pm|
|Chemistry and Society: CHE 126||3pm-7pm||12pm-2pm||3pm-6pm||10:30am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:30pm||12pm-7pm|
|Chemistry for Health Care Professions: CHE 150||3pm-6pm||12pm-2pm||3pm-6pm||1:30pm-4:30pm||12pm-4pm|
|General Chemistry I: CHE 152||3pm-7pm||12pm-2pm, 5pm-7pm||3pm-7pm||11am-12pm, 1:30pm-4:30pm||12pm-4pm, 5pm-8pm|
|General Chemistry II: CHE 154||3pm-7pm||12pm-2pm||3pm-6pm||10:30am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:30pm||12pm-7pm|
|General Physics I: PHY 200||10am-2pm|
|General Physics II: PHY 201||10am-2pm||2:30pm-4:30pm||1:30pm-3:30pm|
|Biology I: BIO 198||9am-10am|
|Biology II: BIO 199||9am-10am, 5pm-7pm||5pm-7pm||5pm-7pm||9am-1:30pm||11am-12pm||5pm-8pm|
|Biostatistics: HSC 350||1:30pm-3:30pm||10:00am-11:00am|
|General Psychology: PSY 101||4pm-8pm||9am-11am||2:30pm-5pm||1:30pm-4:30pm|
|Spanish Elementary to Advanced: SPA 101/SPA 102/SPA 201/SPA 202/SPA 300/SPA 301||6:30pm-8pm||5pm-8pm|
|Italian Elementary to Intermediate: ITA 101/ITA 102/ITA 201/ITA 202||1pm-3pm|
|Introduction to Sociology: SOC 100||12:30pm-2:30pm, 4:30pm-6:30pm||10am-1pm||12pm-3pm|
|English Language Assistance||12pm-2pm||12pm-2pm||12pm-2pm|
To join a drop-in session: Please download Zoom to your device and use this AEP Zoom link or copy/paste https://utampa.zoom.us/j/5610353880?pwd=Zll6KzFycStrV09oREJxZTc4eFdUZz09
Email email@example.com or call (813) 257-5757.
Seeking a tutor position?
Apply online through Handshake.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
AEP is always looking for good scholars who are interested in tutoring other students. If you have at least a 3.0 GPA, attended UT for at least one semester and received a minimum AB in the subject you wish to tutor, then you are eligible to apply to be a tutor. Available positions are posted on HireUT each semseter. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.