With an emphasis on personalized instruction and support, faculty mentoring is at the core of academic advising. All students are assigned a primary advisor who works individually with them to provide academic guidance, assistance with academic policies and requirements, resources for academic support and help with processing special forms. Advising office staff and UT faculty collaborate to offer a complete undergraduate advising program.
First-year students are assigned a primary advisor from the staff in the Academic Advising Office, while transfer and continuing students are assigned a primary advisor within their major. Students can identify and contact their assigned primary advisor in Workday via the Academic Icon.
The Academic Advising Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.—5 p.m. (closed on Fridays during summer months) and is located within the Academic Success Center in North Walker Hall. Students should contact their assigned advisor to make an appointment. Academic advisors are available for drop-in hours every day.
Important Information Regarding Fall 2020 Registration
- First-year students please contact your assigned academic advisor; you can schedule an appointment using Navigate through MyUTampa. Visit Workday for up-to-date advisor information.
- Continuing students please contact your assigned faculty advisor. See Workday for up-to-date advisor information.
- If you need immediate assistance, academic advisors will be available via Zoom.
All forms including: academic petition, audit a course, change of advisor, major, minor, certificate and satisfactory-unsatisfactory audit a course can be found on SpartanNet.
- Academic Advising Office
- Academic Appeals
- Pre-Health/Pre-Law Professions Advising
- Request to Change Advisor or Major, Minor and Certificate
- Residency Policy
- Transfer and Veteran Student Advising
- Transient Student Status
- Unofficial Degree Planning Worksheets
- Withdrawal from the University
- Withdrawing from Courses