Published: September 18, 2023
UT Honors Program Fall Symposia Series Returns for a New Year
The University of Tampa’s Fall 2023 Honors Program Symposia resumed earlier this month with a presentation by students from the Oxford Study Abroad program.
Oxford students travel to the United Kingdom for one semester to participate in this competitive program. Lena Malpeli ’25, an English major, and Rian Benoit ’25, an accounting major, spoke about their travels, tutorial subjects and co-curriculars they participated in while abroad during the Spring 2023 semester.
In addition to Malpeli and Benoit, speakers in the series will include Meredith Clements, assistant professor of communication; Hengwei (Rachel) Zhang, assistant professor of cybersecurity; Kelsey Little ’25, international business and management major; Lesley Wolff, assistant professor of art and design; and Tim Hart, associate professor of criminology and criminal justice.
All lectures in the Honors Program Symposia are free to the public, 45 minutes long and held on the UT campus. They all will be recorded and posted here one to two weeks after the event. See below for a schedule of the remaining events:
- Thursday, Oct. 5, 3 p.m., “A Glimpse into Health Communication,” by Meredith Clements, Trustees Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- Friday, Oct. 20, 4 p.m., “How to Uncover the Mystery of AI,” by Hengwei (Rachel) Zhang, Trustees Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
- Monday, Oct. 30, 2 p.m., “Nation on a Plate: Digesting the Art of Mexico,” by Lesley Wolff, Reeves Theater, Vaughn Center, second floor
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 4 p.m., Kelsey Little on her time in Alaska as the recipient of the Timothy M. Smith Inspiration Through Exploration Award, Charlene A. Gordon Theater, Ferman Center for the Arts
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 5 p.m., “Crime Risk Estimation: An Introduction to Hot Spot Analysis,” by Tim Hart, Trustees Boardroom, Vaughn Center, ninth floor
Please note that dates and locations are subject to change. For more information, contact the Honors Program at (813) 257-3545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.