The University of Tampa’s MBA program is offered in three convenient formats:
- The Full-time/day program designed for accelerated completion with a group of peer students. Full-time/day program students take between 8 and 16 credit hours per semester of daytime classes. Full-time/day program students can complete the program in as few as 12 months.
- The Part-time/evening program is designed for students who work full time jobs and need to complete the program at their own pace. Classes are scheduled once a week from 6 to 9:50 p.m. Students who attend part-time can complete the coursework in as little as two years.
- The Executive MBA program is designed for professionals with seven or more years of work experience. Saturday classes are cohort based, offered every other Saturday and allow completion of the program in 24 months.
*To qualify for part-time financial aid, you must be registered for at least 4 credit hours. To qualify for full-time financial aid, you must be registered for at least 8 credit hours.
The University of Tampa’s MBA program — Creating Value for Graduates, Organizations and Society
— helps students develop the sophisticated strategic mind-set demonstrated by successful executives. UT’s MBA program is one of the largest, most established and most exclusive in Florida. Program features include:
- MGT 598 Leadership and Organizational Behavior – This course is designed to improve a student’s capacity for leadership. Students increase self-awareness as high-performance leaders and focus on aligning people with the goals of an organization.
- Professional Development Practicum – All students take two sections (2 credit-hours per section) of this practicum in which they will build a portfolio of applied professional activities and projects.
- Decision Analysis – Each student takes one of the decision analysis courses designed to develop the skills and competencies needed for applied quantitative problem solving applications.
- Global business concepts, personal communication, ethics and social responsibility, innovation, critical thinking and economic sustainability are incorporated into the core courses.
Students can take additional courses in eight concentrations:
Sykes College of Business
The Sykes College of Business is an integral part of a 105-acre university campus nestled in the heart of Tampa. As a comprehensive institution, The University of Tampa provides a full spectrum of resources
, qualified faculty and modern facilities.
The Sykes College of Business is one of the elite private schools in the Southeast accredited at both the graduate and undergraduate levels by AACSB International
(the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). AACSB International is the premier business accrediting organization, promoting excellence and continuous improvement in undergraduate and graduate education.