Admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are considered for entry into graduate business programs during the fall, spring and summer semesters. To apply, use either the online application or the paper application (PDF). An admission decision cannot be made until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of an admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Sign Up for a Virtual Information Session
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) score report is required
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted in lieu of this form, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report or the International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS) for international applicants only
Note: The Executive MBA program has special requirements for admission.
Applications are evaluated for fall, spring and summer terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Due to this, admission is competitive, and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways:
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Box F
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
Please note that official documents must come in the original form.