COVID-19 Update Regarding 2021 Admissions and GMAT/GRE Testing
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 virus, The University of Tampa understands that applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs may be unable to take the GMAT or GRE exams.
As a result, the University may temporarily waive the GMAT and GRE test requirement for qualified Spring, Summer and Fall 2021 applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs. Please keep in mind that GMAT/GRE waiver qualifications include a minimum GPA, degree and possible course/work experience. All other admission criteria will still be required. We encourage you to attend a virtual information session where we discuss our GMAT/GRE waiver qualifications. If you do not meet the qualifications, then you are not eligible for a COVID-19 or traditional GMAT/GRE waiver.
For more information about GMAT/GRE qualifications, email the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies at email@example.com or call (813) 253-6249.
Admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are considered for entry into graduate business programs during the fall, spring and summer semesters. To apply, use either the online application or the paper application (PDF). An admission decision cannot be made until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of an admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) score report is required
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted in lieu of this form, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
- Work experience is recommended but not required.
- International applicants: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report or the International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS) for international applicants only
Note: The Executive MBA program has special requirements for admission.
Applications are evaluated for fall, spring and summer terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Due to this, admission is competitive, and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways:
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Box F
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
Please note that official documents must come in the original form.