Meet Kelly Palmer
Professor of Instruction I, History
Phone: (813) 257-3679
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33606
1991 Michigan State University, B.A.
2002 Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver, M.A.
2010 Michigan State University, Ph.D.
World History from 1500
History of the Holocaust
Kelly Palmer specializes in the history of modern Europe. Her research and teaching interests include the history of France, the Holocaust and European postwar historical memory.
Palmer is currently researching American intervention to rescue Jews during World War II through the lens of humanitarian Roswell McClelland, who represented the American Friends Service Committee and War Refugee Board in France and Switzerland. She has presented papers at the annual Society for Military History conferences and the Western Society for French History. Palmer has reviewed books for H-War and worked as a copy editor for H-Net. Past service includes supervising graduate students, serving on graduate student committees and serving as an officer for a campus organization.
- Awarded UCDALI Professional Development Grant from University of Colorado Denver (Spring 2016)
- Awarded CU Online Course Development Grant (Fall 2015)
- Nominee for College of Arts and Letters at University of Colorado of Denver, Teaching Excellence Award (2013-2014)
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship, College of Social Science, Michigan State University (2010)
- Kussy Scholarship for Study of the Holocaust, James Madison College, Michigan State University (2008)
- International Studies Program Pre-dissertation Research Fellowship, International Studies Program, Michigan State University (2007)
- Muelder-Lowe Graduate Award, Department of History, Michigan State University (2007)
- Summer Research Enhancement Fellowship, Department of History, Michigan State University (2007)
- Summer Research Fellowship, Department of History, Michigan State University (2006)
- Summer Research Language Fellowship, Department of History, Michigan State University (2005)
- Somers Award for Excellence and Creativity in Teaching, Center for Integrative Studies in the Arts and Humanities, Michigan State University (2005)