Meet Eduardo De Souza
Associate Professor, Health Sciences and Human Performance
Phone: (813) 257-3210
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33606
Building: HSHP Room: 228
Education2001 University of Franca, B.S.
2010 University of São Paulo, M.S.
2014 University of São Paulo, Ph.D.
Exercise Testing and Prescription
Current Perspectives in Exercise Science
Dimensions of Strength Training and Nutrition Science Laboratory Techniques
Eduardo De Souza’s research has covered neuromuscular adaptations induced by resistance training. More specifically, his work examines the effects of different progression modes on neuromuscular, performance and body composition adaptations.
Professional and Community Activities
- BARAKAT, C; BARROSO, R; ALVAREZ, M; RAUCH, J; MILLER, N; BOU-SLIMAN, A; DE SOUZA, EO. The Effects of Varying Glenohumeral Joint Angle on Acute Volume Load, Muscle Activation, Swelling, and Echo-Intensity on the Biceps Brachii in Resistance-Trained Individuals. SPORTS, v. 7, p. 204, 2019.
- WALLACE, W; UGRINOWITSCH, C; STEFAN, M; RAUCH, J; BARAKAT, C; SHIELDS, KEVIN; BARNINGER, A; BARROSO, R; DE SOUZA, EO. Repeated Bouts of Advanced Strength Training Techniques: Effects on Volume Load, Metabolic Responses, and Muscle Activation in Trained Individuals. SPORTS, v. 7, p. 14, 2019.
- WADHI, T; RAUCH, J; TAMULEVICIUS, N; ANDERSEN, JC; DE SOUZA, EO. Validity and Reliability of the GymAware Linear Position Transducer for Squat Jump and Counter-Movement Jump Height. SPORTS, v. 6, p. 177, 2018.
- RAUCH, J; LOTURCO, I; CHEESMAN, N; THIEL, J; ALVAREZ, M; MILLER, N; CARPENTER, N; BARAKAT, C; VELASQUEZ, G; STANJONES, A; AUBE, D; ANDERSEN, JC; DE SOUZA, EO. Similar Strength and Power Adaptations between Two Different Velocity-Based Training Regimens in Collegiate Female Volleyball Players. SPORTS, v. 6, p. 163, 2018.
- DE SOUZA EO; TRICOLI, V; RAUCH, J; ALVAREZ, MR; LAURENTINO, G; AIHARA, AY; CARDOSO, FN; ROSCHEL, H; UGRINOWITSCH, C. Different Patterns in Muscular Strength and Hypertrophy Adaptations in Untrained Individuals Undergoing Non-Periodized and Periodized Strength Regimens. Journal of Strength And Conditioning Research, v. 1, p. 1, 2018.
- RAUCH, JT; UGRINOWITSCH, C; BARAKAT, CI; ALVAREZ, MR; BRUMMERT, DL; AUBE, DW; BARSUHN, AS; HAYES, D; TRICOLI, V; DE SOUZA, EO. Auto-Regulated Exercise Selection Training Regimen Produces Small Increases In Lean Body Mass And Maximal Strength Adaptations In Strength-Trained Individuals. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, v. 1, p. 1, 2017.
- DE SOUZA, EO; LOWERY, RP; WILSON, JM; SHARP, MH; MOBLEY, CB; FOX, CD; LOPEZ, HL; SHIELDS, KA; RAUCH, JT; HEALY, JC; THOMPSON, RM; ORMES, JA; JOY, JM; ROBERTS, MD. Effects of Arachidonic Acid Supplementation on Acute Anabolic Signaling and Chronic Functional Performance and Body Composition Adaptations. PloS One. May 16, 2016.
- De SOUZA, E. O. ; UGRINOWITSCH, C. ; TRICOLI, V. ; ROSCHEL, H. ; LOWERY, RYAN P ; Aihara, AH ; LEAO, A. R. S. ; WILSON, JACOB M. . Early Adaptations to Six Weeks of Non-Periodized and Periodized Strength Training Regimnes in Recreational Males. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, v. 13, p. 604-609, 2014.
- DE SOUZA, EO.; TRICOLI, V. ; AOKI, M.S. ; ROSCHEL, H. ; BRUM, P.C. ; BACURAU, A.V.N. ; SILVA-BATISTA, C. ; WILSON, J.M. ; NEVES, M. ; SOARES, A.G. ; UGRINOWITSCH, C. . Effects of concurrent strength and endurance training on genes related to myostatin signaling pathway and muscle fiber responses. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, v. 28, p. 1-3223, 2014.
- De SOUZA, E. O. ; TRICOLI, V. ; BUENO JUNIOR, C. ; PEREIRA, M. ; Brum, PC ; OLIVEIRA, E. M. ; ROSCHEL, H. ; Aoki, MS ; UGRINOWITSCH, C. . The acute effects of strength, endurance and concurrent exercises on the Akt/mTOR/p70S6K1 and AMPK signaling pathway responses in rat skeletal muscle. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research on line, v. 46, p. 343-347, 2013.
- DE SOUZA, EO. ; TRICOLI, V. ; ROSCHEL, H. ; BRUM, P. ; BACURAU, A.V. ; FERREIRA, J.C. ; AOKI, M. ; NEVES-JR, M. ; AIHARA, A. ; DA ROCHA CORREA FERNANDES, A. ; UGRINOWITSCH, C. . Molecular Adaptations to Concurrent Training. International Journal of Sports Medicine, v. 34, p. 207-213, 2013.
Honors and Awards
2019 - Outstanding Undergraduate Student Research Supervision Award, College of Natural and Health Sciences, The University of Tampa (UT)