Meet Michael J. Baker
Visiting Lecturer, Accounting
Phone: (813) 257-3587
Address: 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa, FL 33606
1988 University of Virginia, B.S.
1994 University of Virginia, MBA
View CV (PDF)
Having served as a sell-side equity research analyst and an external financial statement auditor, Michael Baker's areas of academic interest are corporate governance, ethics, corporate strategy, valuation, financial performance assessment and enhanced financial statement disclosure.
Recent research publications:
- Managed Care Musings: Parsing Key Developments - Drug Pricing/Consumerism/Cost Trend/MA/MDCD/Exchange July 16, 2018
- Managed Care Musings: Examining the "Why" of Cigna/Express April 11, 2018
- Another Key Move on the Chess Board - WMT/HUM?! April 1, 2018
Recent media appearances:
- CNBC - Walmart in Early Talks to Buy Humana April 2, 2018
- CNBC - UnitedHealth Changing Healthcare More Than Amazon Jan. 30, 2018.
He is a volunteer at Trinity Café whose mission is to restore a sense of dignity to the homeless and hungry while serving a nutritious meal.
- Starmine Top Rated Analyst, Life Sciences and Tools #3 Earnings Estimate Accuracy 2018; Life Sciences and Tools #1 Earnings Estimate Accuracy/#3 Stock Picking 2017; Healthcare Providers & Services #1 Stock Picking 2008
- CNBC Best of the Best Analysts, Managed Care 2004
- Bloomberg Top Rated Analyst, Pharmacy Services 2003
- Intermediate Honors at the University of Virginia 1986
- Certified Public Accountant 1991