Determining Eligibility for Services
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is happy to meet with you to discuss accommodations that would assist you if you choose to attend the University of Tampa. A student who has been accepted for admission to the University of Tampa who has a disability and/or medical/mental health condition and would like to receive accommodation services is required to complete the following steps before being considered eligible for services. Our standards are based upon the national standards maintained by the Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) as well as the Educational Testing Service (ETS). We encourage you to visit their websites to learn more about the process of documenting a disability.
- The first step in the process for receiving accommodations is to request accommodations by filling out our request form. To do this, go to the following link - ut.edu/disabilities/.
- Scroll to "Requesting Accommodations for the First Time?" and then click on “Accommodation Request.”
- After you select “Accommodation Request” this will pull up a form in which you can describe your circumstances and necessary supports. There is also a section for attaching documentation.
- Documentation can include a copy of your IEP and any other relevant documentation you may have. For your reference, here is a link to our documentation requirements - Documentation Requirements. All documentation must include a diagnosis and be typed, signed and on official letterhead.
- From there, a specialist will reach out to you about your request and talk through it.
- Once you and the specialist talk and the documentation is received, your request will be sent to our eligibility determination committee, where we will determine your eligibility for services.
- If approved for services, we will reach out to you to schedule a welcome appointment. If services are not supported, we will notify you via email.
- After you have completed your welcome appointment, your services are now active! In order to utilize your accommodations, you must download your accommodation letters from the Accommodate system and send them along to your instructors.
- Student Accessibility Services
- Testing Center
- Academic Support
- Academic Accommodations
- Access Barrier Report Form
- Documentation Requirements
- Faculty Guidelines and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Appeal Procedure
- Registering with a Disability
- Student Guidelines
- Family Resources for SAAS Services