Academic accommodations are granted based upon the impact of each student’s individual disability and/or medical mental health condition. No two people are alike, and the effects of a disability may manifest differently for two people who may have the same disability.
Accommodation determinations are made after a student has filled out an accommodation request form, talked with us about their needs, and supplied us with documentation. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Potential academic accommodations:
- Extended time on tests/quizzes
- Distraction-reduced test/quiz environment
- Note-taking assistance
- View our complete Note Taker Accommodation Process and Policy
- Preferential seating in the classroom
- Test scribe
- Exams in audio format
- Use of an audio recorder in the classroom
- Use of a computer for written exams/note taking in the classroom/in-class written assignments
- Modified attendance
In certain instances, students may be eligible to request a waiver to their Spartan Studies math requirement based on a disability. A course substitution may be a reasonable accommodation if the student cannot successfully complete the course with other reasonable accommodations in place because of the functional limitations of their disability. For our full policy document regarding math substitutions based on a disability, please log in to MyUTampa and select Accommodate by Symplicity. The math substitution policy document can be found in the Resources tab.
Questions regarding academic accommodations should be directed to Student Accessibility Services (SAS) at (813) 257-5757 or email@example.com.
- Student Accessibility Services
- Testing Center
- Academic Support
- Academic Accommodations
- Access Barrier Report Form
- Documentation Requirements
- Faculty Guidelines and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Appeal Procedure
- Registering with a Disability
- Student Guidelines
- Family Resources for SAAS Services