Student Accessibility Services is committed to a prompt and effective resolution of any student concern. A student may file an appeal if they have received a denial of a requested accommodation.
The appeals process is as follows:
- Informal Resolution: Student notifies Student Accessibility Services that they do not agree with the accommodation decision.
- The assigned Student Accessibility Services staff member to the student attempts to resolve the matter informally through a conversation with the student.
- Formal Appeal: If the matter is unable to be resolved informally, the student can submit a formal appeal.
The appeal must be submitted, in writing, to the Student Accessibility Services office email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal must be typed and double-spaced. Please print your appeal in black ink, sign and attach a copy as a PDF to the email. Handwritten appeals will not be accepted.
The appeal must include the following:
- The name, UT ID, and contact information of the person initiating the appeal
- A full description of the matter and any relevant information, including dates, time frames, and context
- A statement of the requested resolution and the student’s rationale for the requested resolution
The appeal will be forwarded to the director of Student Accessibility and Academic Support.
- The Outcome: The director of Student Accessibility and Academic Support or designee will prioritize the appeal, review and respond to the student in an expedited manner.
Any questions regarding this process can be submitted to Student Accessibility Services at email@example.com.
- Student Accessibility Services
- Testing Center
- Academic Support
- Academic Accommodations
- Access Barrier Report Form
- Documentation Requirements
- Faculty Guidelines and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Appeal Procedure
- Registering with a Disability
- Student Guidelines
- Family Resources for SAAS Services