Student Accessibility Services is committed to a prompt and effective resolution of any student concern. A student may file an appeal if they have received a denial of a requested accommodation.
The appeals process is as follows:
- Informal Resolution: After engaging in the interactive process and being provided with a decision on the issue of a reasonable accommodation, the student must notify Student Accessibility Services that they do not agree with the reasonable accommodation decision and seek an informal resolution.
The Director of Student Accessibility and Academic Support will attempt to resolve the matter through the informal resolution procedures. This will include a conversation with the student as part of a continued interactive process.
Formal Appeal: If the matter is unable to be resolved through the informal resolution, the student may submit a formal appeal.
- The formal appeal must be submitted, in writing, to the Student Accessibility Services office email at email@example.com. The formal appeal must be typed and double spaced. Please print the appeal in black ink, sign, and attach a copy as a PDF to the email. Handwritten appeals will not be accepted. Appeals must be submitted within 10 days of the denial of the accommodation request.
The formal appeal must include the following:
- The name, UT ID, and contact information of the person initiating the appeal.
- A full description of the matter and any relevant information, including dates, time frames, and context.
- A statement of the requested resolution and the student’s rationale for the requested resolution.
The formal appeal will be forwarded to the director of Student Accessibility and Academic Support.
- The Outcome: The Director of Student Accessibility and Academic Support or designee will prioritize the appeal, review, and respond to the student in an expedited manner with a final decision.
Any questions regarding this process can be submitted to Student Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Accessibility Services
- Testing Center
- Academic Support
- Academic Accommodations
- Access Barrier Report Form
- Documentation Requirements
- Faculty Guidelines and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Appeal and Grievance Procedures
- Registering with a Disability
- Student Guidelines