All NEW F-1 international students who are inside the U.S. must complete the international student immigration check-in process with the Office of International Programs during one of the immigration check-in dates listed below. The final deadline to arrive and complete the immigration check-in is no later than the first day of classes at UT:
- The first day of classes for Summer 2021 is Monday, May 24, 2021
- The first day of classes for Fall 2021 is Monday, Aug. 30, 2021
If you will not be able to complete the immigration check-in by the first day of classes, please contact your admissions counselor and firstname.lastname@example.org. You may instead need to consider deferring your admission start date to a later semester. Summer 2021 students may be eligible to request remote learning accommodation.
International Student Immigration Check-in is required for all students with a Form I-20 with a program start date of Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 and one of the following issue reasons:
- Initial attendance
- Transfer pending
- Change of education level
- Students returning from a leave of absence who had their previous “continued attendance” SEVIS record re-activated
International Student Immigration check-in is a two-step process:
- Complete the New International Student Online check-in through your MyUTampa -Terra Dotta for International Students and Scholars account. Instructions are available here. You may begin this anytime but will not be able to submit it until after you have been issued the UT I-20 and you have arrived in the U.S.
- Attend in-person International Student Immigration Check-in. Your international student advisor will review your immigration documents for regulatory compliance. It is strongly recommended to complete the online check-in through TDS before you attend the in-person immigration check-in event. The immigration check-in dates and times are listed below.
After you complete both steps, your international student advisor will register your SEVIS record as active and issue you a new I-20 with the issue reason (continued attendance). You will be contacted when this is issued; allow up to four weeks for processing time. Students who have an on-campus job offer or need to get a driver’s license will be prioritized.
Remote International Student Immigration Check-in is an option for new students in Summer 2021 who cannot attend the International Student Immigration Check-in in person due to COVID-19 or health concerns. You will need to schedule this option in advance by emailing email@example.com and include your full name and student ID number. The deadline for Remote International Student Immigration Check-in is the first day of classes.