Sophomore Semester Abroad
Want to see the world? Why wait until your junior or senior year to study abroad? Through UT’s unique Sophomore Semester Abroad program, you can spend Fall 2022 studying in Spain.
Partner universities closely mirror UT in terms of course offerings, student services, and campus atmosphere. Course credits will transfer to UT, allowing you to stay on track with your four-year plan. The program provides housing, meals, cultural excursions, and day-to-day support services, as well as international travel insurance.
- Depart mid-August 2022 and return mid-December 2022
- Complete four to six courses; credits transfer directly to UT
- Space is limited
Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Located in Sevilla, capital of Andalusia and the birthplace of Flamenco, the Universidad Pablo de Olavide is one of Spain’s newest and most progressive centers for higher education. Courses are widely available in Spanish and English, and students may take classes in Spanish language acquisition, as well as humanities, social sciences, business and varying disciplines in science. Students who have not completed a college semester of Spanish must choose language as one of their courses; advanced Spanish speakers may take classes with locals.
UT students have the unique opportunity to stay with host families, immersing themselves in the Spanish language and lifestyle. They can also choose to stay in a furnished, centrally located apartment. With easy access to metro, bus and tram lines, students are encouraged to explore Sevilla’s rich architecture and neighborhoods, which blend Christian, Moorish and Jewish traditions.
Students gain further exposure to Spanish, Portuguese and Moroccan history and culture through special excursions to the following:
- Córdoba/Granada (two nights)
- Toledo (one night)
- Lisbon (two nights)
- Morocco (five nights)
The program fee is $19,950* (Airfare is not included)
*Eligible students will receive a $5,000 UT Signature Abroad Scholarship
If accepted into the program, a nonrefundable $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot. This will be applied toward the program fee.
Other payment deadlines:
Federal financial aid may be applied toward tuition, fees, room/board and program costs.
- April 15: (portion of program fee, amount TBD)
- May 15: (remainder of program fee, amount TBD)
- Aug. 22: Tuition, fees, room and board due (Fall 2019 UT estimated average is $19,464)
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (813) 258-7431.
- Education Abroad
- UT Travel Courses Abroad
- UT Signature Program: Monteverde, Costa Rica
- UT Signature Program: Dublin, Ireland
- UT Signature Program: Sevilla, Spain
- UT Signature Program: Havana, Cuba
- Student Research/Inquiry Abroad
- Experiential/Community-Based Service Learning
- Athletes Abroad
- Summer and Semester/Year Abroad Programs
- Internships Abroad
- Financial Resources
- Healthy and Safety