(Program is currently suspended due to COVID-19.)
Gain valuable experience and become more culturally aware by completing an international internship. There are many internship programs that specialize in placing students in a company or organization that best matches major, career interests, experience and skillsets. Many internships can be taken for credit.
The International Programs Office advises students on education abroad opportunities, including international internships and internships in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. Learn how you can earn practical experience abroad by consulting with an Education Abroad advisor and your departmental internship coordinator.
- Prior to any international travel, students are required to seek approval from the International Programs Office for credit and non-credit international internships.
- Students participating in international internships should have a minimum 2.5 GPA and be in good conduct standing for University approval.
- GPA requirements for specific internship courses are often higher than 2.5 and therefore will supersede the International Programs Office’s minimum requirements.
Participants are required to register with the International Programs Office by submitting an application, completing pre-departure instruction and enrolling in UT international health insurance. Students should contact the International Programs Office prior to Feb. 15 for international internships taking place the following summer and fall, and Oct. 1 for international internships taking place the following spring.
Students applying to participate in an independent internship must abide by UT application deadlines and policies set forth by the International Programs Office and the Office of Career Services and submit unreviewed internship placements in advance of the posted deadlines for approval.
Internship Coordinator for International Business Majors:
Internship Coordinator for Political Science/International Studies Majors:
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Education Abroad
- UT Travel Courses Abroad
- UT Signature Program: Monteverde, Costa Rica
- UT Signature Program: Dublin, Ireland
- UT Signature Program: Sevilla, Spain
- UT Signature Program: Havana, Cuba
- Student Research/Inquiry Abroad
- Experiential/Community-Based Service Learning
- Athletes Abroad
- Summer and Semester/Year Abroad Programs
- Internships Abroad
- Financial Resources
- Healthy and Safety