University of Tampa students in all majors have the opportunity to build their credentials through an education abroad program. Today’s employers seek graduates who can communicate in at least one foreign language, have multicultural knowledge, possess skills and training in negotiating with people of different cultures, and have the basic skills to travel and work outside of the United States.
All Spartans participating in international programming, whether credit-bearing or not, must work with the Office of International Programs, meet minimum requirements and abide by published deadlines. Policies apply to both UT-sponsored and affiliated education abroad programming. More information on transferring credit can be found in the UT Catalog.
Before studying abroad students must have successfully completed 12 UT credits with a minimum GPA of 2.5
UT students may take advantage of a variety of education abroad opportunities:
- UT Faculty-Led Programs
- Exchange and Partner Programs
- Affiliate Programs
- Student Research/ Inquiry Abroad
- Experiential/Community-based Service Learning
- Athletes Abroad
- Internships Abroad
Where to Begin
The first step in the process is to attend an application workshop to learn about the basics of education abroad.
The second step is to visit the UT Study Abroad Portal to search for study abroad programs and begin an application!
Plant Hall 300
The purpose is to sign any required forms or to answer questions that were not answered in an application workshop or on the website.
- Autumn Brucato: Every Tuesday (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Lisa Yarmosh: Every Tuesday (2 - 4 p.m.)
* If you need more than 10 minutes with your designated advisor, then you must schedule an appointment instead of doing a walk-in. Please see the Appointment Scheduler link below.
Peer Advising Hours:
Plant Hall 300
No appointment is required. If you anticipate needing more than 15 minutes to meet with the peer advisor, please schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor instead.
- Mondays: 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 1-3 p.m.
Education Abroad Advising:
Please use the Appointment Scheduler to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with your advisor based on your program type and last name (SEE BELOW) **.
**Appointments can be booked up to two weeks in advance and no less than 24 hours before the scheduled time.
**Advising appointments should only be scheduled after you have selected your study abroad program and have specific questions about that program that have not yet been answered.**
- All University-Wide Partner Programs (excluding New Zealand)
- Affiliate Programs for students with Last Names A-L
- All Exchange Partner Programs
- Partner programs in New Zealand
- Affiliate Programs for students with Last Names M-Z