The University of Tampa has affiliate agreements with approved program providers that offer benefits such as streamlined registration, additional scholarship opportunities and special orientation programs. All students must first apply through the Office of International Programs by the published deadlines. There are two types of affiliate programs:
UT Affiliate Programs:
- Academic Studies Abroad
- Academic Programs International
- International Studies Abroad
- The Education Abroad Network
Students applying to a UT affiliate program will be billed UT tuition. All federal student aid can be applied towards the cost of the program. To determine whether institutional aid can be applied please meet with your financial aid counselor.
- Global Experiences (Internships only)
- Sea Education Association
- Semester at Sea
- SIT Study Abroad
- Temple University-Japan Campus
- The School for Field Studies
Students applying to affiliate programs will not be billed UT tuition but rather will pay for the cost of their study abroad directly to the affiliate program. Students will be charged an International Academic Program Fee of $500 (summer term) and $1000 (fall and academic year) through the Study Abroad Portal to facilitate the transfer of credits back to UT. All federal student aid can be applied towards the cost of the program, however institutional aid cannot be utilized.
Where to Begin
Learn the basics of education abroad by visiting the UT Study Abroad Portal, search study abroad programs and begin a study abroad application.
- The first step in the study abroad process is to attend an application workshop.
- Once a student has attended a workshop they may schedule a one-on-one advising session with their education abroad advisor, if necessary, by accessing the appointment scheduler.
The application deadline for January term and spring semester programs is Oct. 1, and the deadline for summer, fall semester and academic year programs is March 1.
All Spartans participating in international programming, whether credit-bearing or not, must work with the Office of International Programs, meet minimum requirements and abide by published deadlines. More information on transferring credit can be found in the UT Catalog.
For more information on these programs, please contact an education abroad advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.