Guaranteed Admission for Qualified Pasco County Teachers
The University of Tampa has formed a special partnership with Pasco County Schools that makes UT the preferred provider of education for teachers seeking certification or a master’s degree in educational leadership.
UT’s educational leadership program engages candidates in experiential tasks and learning directly aligned with the Florida Principal Leadership Standards and the Florida Educational Leadership Exam (FELE), which is needed to become a principal, administrator or district-level leader.
UT offers the following unique options for Pasco County teachers
- Qualified Pasco County teachers can enroll at UT as non-degree seeking students and take courses that meet the competencies and skills required for the Level 1 Educational Leadership State Certification.
- Pasco County teachers that earned a bachelor’s degree from a CAEP-accredited institution are also guaranteed admission to UT’s M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program.
- Application fee waived for Pasco County teachers.
Benefits of UT’s Educational Leadership Program
- Flexible schedule. All classes are held in the evenings and on weekends.
- Hybrid online delivery mode. Option to take classes remotely or on campus.
- Accelerated two-week summer courses; fall and spring courses are seven weeks.
- Courses are taught by experienced educational leadership practitioners and mentors.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership can be completed in as little as one year.