The Office of Orientation and Family Engagement is supported by the volunteer efforts of students from multiple disciplines and departments.
Week of Welcome (WOW!) Leaders at The University of Tampa are a group of energetic and dedicated students who assist in welcoming first-year students, transfer students and their families to campus. WOW! Leaders have a unique role in helping implement the orientation program through skills learned in required training prior to fall orientation. Because they are some of the first faces incoming students and their families see, their role is critical to the experience. Applications are currently open and will close on Sunday, March 19.
Benefits of serving as a WOW! Leader includes:
- Being the first person that new students and families meet when they arrive on campus;
- Developing and building leadership skills, including customer service;
- Having the opportunity to network with other students, departmental faculty and staff and University administration;
- Receiving service hours that will be submitted to the PEACE Office;
- Approval to move in early to your on-campus residence hall room;
- Provided meals, beginning with lunch on Aug. 19 through dinner on Aug. 27;
- Receive Week of Welcome exclusive items, including but not limited to short-sleeved shirts and items designed specifically for WOW! Leaders;
Move-in Team (MiNT) Leaders at The University of Tampa serve in a critical role by assisting new students during move-in by assisting with transporting their items to their residence hall room. MiNT Leaders are required to attend training prior to fall orientation. Applications are currently open and will close on Sunday, March 19.
Benefits of serving as a MiNT Leader include:
- Being the first person that new students and families meet with they arrive on campus;
- Developing and building customer service skills;
- Having the opportunity to network with other students and University staff;
- Provided meals, beginning with lunch on Aug. 19 through dinner on Aug. 25;
- Receiving service hours that will be submitted to PEACE;
- Receive MiNT Leader exclusive items, including T-shirts.
The University of Tampa Diplomats also play a vital role in the implementation of not only Week of Welcome, but Fall Weekend and commencement, the other two signature events of our office. UT Diplomats encompass the ability to serve, lead, empower and educate their peers. If you are interested in applying to become a Diplomat, visit their webpage for more information.