Department of Education Cooperative Learning Agreement
Thank you for your interest in our program. Please be aware that this application must be completed and submitted in one sitting, as your application is not saved until submitted.
Education majors at The University of Tampa are required to engage in numerous group activities, projects and presentations. Many of these are prepared outside of class time. The rationale for this requirement is two-fold:
- Contemporary teachers are required to facilitate non-competitive group investigation and cooperative learning experiences in their classrooms. They must understand the process of cooperation and possess related skills. Such an understanding and skills are developed during one's own involvement in cooperative experiences.
- Teachers are compelled to collaborate and cooperate non-competitively with other teachers in their school, to team-teach and to carry out various school missions, projects and presentations.
Therefore, as a teacher preparation institution, the UT Department of Education faculty expect teacher candidates to create and implement group activities, projects and presentations. Applicants are asked to verify an awareness of the need for this component of professional development and confirm a full commitment to meet program requirements in terms of availability, preparation, punctuality, determination, reliability and the spirit of cooperation.
Failure to meet these requirements may result in dismissal from the Department of Education.
- Be a current student or accepted transfer student with a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) (verified with the Academic Advising Office); and
- Have already passed all portions of the FTCE General Knowledge Exam upon submission of this application. (This is a state mandate from the Florida Department of Education.)
Application Form, Criminal Record Check and Perspective on Education
- Department of Education - Education Degrees
- Admission to Teacher Education
- Education Faculty
- Education Major Requirements
- Graduate Education Programs
- Student Organizations
- Teaching Internships
- Anti-racism and Diversity Resources for Educators
- Florida Teacher Certification Examinations Guide
- Professional Education Licensure Disclosures
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)