The University of Tampa works to further strengthen UT students’ academic and personal development through character-building, spiritual development and enhancing their understanding of world cultures and religions.
Although the University is independent and nonsectarian, religious/spiritual beliefs and practices are highly respected and encouraged. All spiritual organizations and local places of worship follow The University of Tampa's Spiritual Agreement of Mutual Respect and Understanding.
Resource Team for Faith, Values and Spirituality
The following are the mission-based learning outcomes for...
The Resource Team for Faith, Values and Spirituality is a group of faculty, staff and students that guide and assist with the programming efforts on The University of Tampa campus.
The following are the mission-based learning outcomes for the Faith, Values and Spirituality program:
In the domain of character building, students will learn to:
- Make choices based on principles, beliefs, and values
- Identify and represent personal values
- Find or deepen their true vocation
In the domain of spiritual development, students will learn to:
- Develop and/or deepen their sense of purpose and meaning in life
- Seek enhanced self-awareness and identity through reflection
- Ask fundamental “why” questions to broaden their understanding of various world views
In the domain of enhancing understanding of world cultures and religions, students will learn to:
- Promote campus-wide understanding and enhance recognition of diverse spiritual beliefs in the broadest sense through dialogue, discussion and personal discovery
- Seek out opportunities to learn about world cultures and religions
- Explore interfaith conversations
View a list of members from the Resource Team for Faith, Values and Spirituality.
Find all programs and RSVP forms for the semester...
Student Spiritual Organizations
Visit the student organization directory for a complete list of spiritual...
Better Together seeks to promote awareness and understanding of both...
is an organization composed of students dedicated to interfaith cooperation on campus and in the greater community with the purpose of promoting understanding and respect for diverse spiritual and nonspiritual beliefs by means of dialogue, education and advocacy.
As a member of the Interfaith Youth Core
, based out of Chicago, IL, Better Together seeks to promote awareness and understanding of both similarities and differences between all religions, as well as establish a basis in which students can develop strong diverse friendships through interfaith cooperation.
Local Places of Worship
A few religious denominations and churches that are relatively close...
A few religious denominations and churches that are relatively close to campus are listed on the Bay Area Places of Worship
page. For a complete listing of all denominations and churches in Tampa, and their addresses, please check the yellow pages of the City of Tampa Telephone Directory.