Learn to analyze complex data to make better business decisions across diverse industries.
The University of Tampa's Master of Science in Business Analytics, a STEM-approved program, prepares students to analyze big data to solve business problems. The program is ideal for working professionals from a variety of fields, including technology, marketing, HR, finance, health care, cybersecurity, higher education, government and the military. Classes are available online as well as in person, providing students the option of experiencing both formats. This flexible format is designed to meet their educational needs.
Students learn to interpret data to improve business planning, operational efficiencies, capital investments, market position and more. Graduates are equipped to guide data-driven decision-making in roles such as management analyst, market research analyst, financial analyst and logistician.
Join a Growing Field
Increasingly, companies have access to large amounts of data but need help transforming it into actionable intelligence. Despite growing demand, the U.S. is estimated to have a shortage of 1.5 million business analysts (McKinsey Global Institute). According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in business analytics-related fields are among the highest-paying and fastest-growing jobs in business and finance.
- What are the benefits of the M.S. in Business Analytics?
- What is the M.S. in Business Analytics curriculum?
- What are the admissions requirements?
- Gain marketable skills in data mining, business forecasting, financial analytics and more
- Come from any background — and go in any direction
- Start the program during the fall, spring or summer semesters
- Earn your degree in as little as three semesters
- Learn from expert faculty and industry practitioners
- Programming for Business Analytics
- Data Mining for Business
- Big Data Analytics
- Decision Modeling and Analysis
- Advanced Business Forecasting
- Analytics in Finance
- Marketing Analytics
- Prerequisites: FIN 500 Foundations of Finance and QMB 500 Statistics for Decision Makers, or equivalent graduate-level courses
- Completed application
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required.
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.
Contact the Office of
Graduate and Continuing Studies
Phone: (813) 253-6249