COVID-19 Update Regarding Summer and Fall 2020 Admissions and GMAT/GRE Testing
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 virus, The University of Tampa understands that applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs may be unable to take the GMAT or GRE exams.
As a result, the University is temporarily waiving the GMAT and GRE test requirement for qualified Summer and Fall 2020 applicants to the Sykes College of Business graduate programs. All other admission criteria will still be required.
For more information about GMAT/GRE qualifications, email the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies at email@example.com or call (813) 253-6249.
Learn to analyze complex data to make better business decisions across diverse industries.
This online master’s degree prepares students to analyze big data to solve business problems. The program is ideal for working professionals from a variety of fields, including technology, marketing, HR, finance, health care, cybersecurity, higher education, government and the military.
Students learn to interpret data to improve business planning, operational efficiencies, capital investments, market position and more. Graduates are equipped to guide data-driven decision-making in roles such as management analyst, market research analyst, financial analyst and logistician.
- Gain marketable skills in data mining, business forecasting, financial analytics and more
- Come from any background — and go in any direction
- Start the program during the fall, spring or summer semesters
- Earn your degree in as little as three semesters
- Learn from expert faculty and industry practitioners
Join a Growing Field
Increasingly, companies have access to large amounts of data but need help transforming it into actionable intelligence. Despite a growing demand, the U.S. is estimated to have a shortage of 1.5 million business analysts (McKinsey Global Institute). According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in business analytics-related fields are among the highest paying and fastest growing jobs in business and finance.
- Programming for Business Analytics
- Data Mining for Business
- Big Data Analytics
- Decision Modeling and Analysis
- Advanced Business Forecasting
- Analytics in Finance
- Marketing Analytics
- Prerequisites: FIN 500 Foundations of Finance and QMB 500 Statistics for Decision Makers, or equivalent graduate-level courses
- Completed application
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required.
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential. Professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred.
- Professional résumé
- Personal statement: In approximately 500-1,000 words, describe your professional goals and how a graduate degree from The University of Tampa will help you accomplish those goals. In turn, you may also want to emphasize what you can contribute to the graduate program.