Use our online calendar to view and register for daily information sessions, open houses and program-specific events.
To apply, fill out either the paper (PDF) or online application. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
Sign Up for a Virtual Information Session
Admission Requirements and Documents
- Completed application
- $40 application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution (applicants must hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the international equivalent of a U.S. undergraduate degree)
- 3.0 GPA overall or in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Professional résumé
- Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals who can attest to the applicant's background and potential; professional letters of recommendation are accepted, if preferred
- A GMAT or GRE score is recommended but will be waived for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher and a "B" or better in the required four business essentials courses (ACC, QMB, FIN, ECO).
For thesis-track consideration:
- A writing sample is required. This can be any significant writing that the applicant wishes to share, such as a course paper or publication.
- A GMAT or GRE score is strongly recommended for all students considering the thesis-track.
Applicants who have earned their degree outside the U.S., U.K., Canada or Australia must submit a TOEFL score of at least 560-577 (83-90 Internet-based) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5
Applications are evaluated for fall and spring terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Due to this rolling basis, admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
Applicants can send required documents the following ways:
Fax: (813) 258-7451
The University of Tampa
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies
401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Box F
Tampa, FL 33606-1490
Official documents must come in the original form.