The Diversity Advisory Group is a student forum for the chief diversity officer, provost, vice president for academic affairs, vice president for student affairs, and key administrators to hear directly from students about their experiences to better advocate for a more inclusive learning environment that supports unique perspectives and values differences.
- The advisory group is facilitated by the vice president for student affairs and chief diversity officer along with students.
- The chief diversity officer, provost, faculty diversity committee chair, director of student care and advocacy, a representative from the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and a representative from the Center for Teaching and Learning serve as ex-officio members of the group.
- The diversity chair of student government is the only student member appointed to the group, all other student members go through the selection process.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about diversity and inclusion and willing to share their experiences with others are eligible to apply.
- Based on the topic of each meeting, invited guests are welcome to attend.
- The advisory group meets monthly for an hour and a half over lunch.
- Meetings are typically the first Monday of the month from noon–1:30 p.m.
If you have any campus concerns related to diversity and inclusion that you would like the Diversity Advisory Group to discuss, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.