The Diversity Advisory Group is a forum for the Chief Diversity Officer and other administrators to hear directly from students about their experiences to better advocate for a more inclusive learning environment that supports unique perspectives and values differences.
- The advisory group is chaired by the vice president for Student Affairs and often facilitated by students.
- The chief diversity officer, provost, faculty diversity committee chair, director of student care and advocacy, the associate director of leadership and diversity education, and academic program specialist for Teaching and Learning serve as ex-officio members of the group.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about diversity and inclusion and willing to share their experiences with others are eligible to apply.
- Based on the topic of each meeting, invited guests are welcome to attend.
- Applications for 2021-2022 are now closed.
- Applications for the 2022-2023 year will open Spring 2022.
- The advisory group meets monthly for an hour and a half over lunch.
- Meetings are typically the first Monday of the month from noon–1:30 p.m.
If you have any campus concerns related to diversity and inclusion that you would like the Diversity Advisory Group to discuss, please email email@example.com.