Thank you for your interest in the University of Tampa Alumni Advisory Board. As the advisory board to the University’s Alumni Association, the Alumni Board seeks candidates who are proven leaders, have demonstrated service to the alumni population, are experienced in working in a collaborative environment and are committed to serving as UT ambassadors in their communities.
Please read below for more details about the nomination process.
Submitting a Nomination
- Fill out and submit the official new member nomination form online.
- Email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secure one or more additional letters of support. Letters should provide further detail on the candidate’s leadership, commitment to UT and ability to collaborate, and they may be provided by University staff, fellow alumni or peers. Supporters may send in a letter separately to email@example.com.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
To be eligible for nomination all candidates:
- Must be alumni of The University of Tampa
- Must commit to attending at least two of the three meetings a year in Tampa and to participating on committees and full board calls throughout the year
- Should have a history of leadership, service to the University, and the ability to collaborate and think strategically
- Should be willing to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for the University in his or her community
- Should annually philanthropically support the University at any level
- Cannot previously have served two full terms on the Alumni Board
About the Alumni Board
- The Board consists of 20 to 30 members with approximately four to six new members joining each year.
- The Board serves as ambassadors of the Alumni Association and advises the Alumni Association and University leadership on matters of interest to the UT community.
- Members serve a three-year term.