Quick Glance: Proposal Process at The University of Tampa
- Read the proposal guidelines/RFP/RFA thoroughly to determine your interest and eligibility. Talk to the sponsor’s point of contact when necessary.
- Discuss your proposal with your department chair and dean.
- Contact the Office of Sponsored Programs as early in the process as possible for assistance, particularly with budget development and overall proposal editing.
- Once a draft proposal has been completed, complete and sign a Sponsored Program Checklist and submit all materials to the Office of Sponsored Programs no later than seven (7) business days prior to the grant deadline. (Materials must be submitted via email).
- The Office of Sponsored Programs will review and approve the proposal for eligibility, completeness and procedural accuracy. If necessary, the proposal will be sent back to the principal investigator/project director for revisions before the office’s approval.
- No later than five (5) business days prior to grant deadline, the Office of Sponsored Programs will send the full proposal and all accompanying materials to the following parties for notification and endorsement purposes: the appropriate dean, provost, vice president of administration and finance.
- If necessary, the proposal will be sent back to the principal investigator/project director for revisions before sending for final signature.
- No less than three (3) business days prior to grant deadline the full proposal will be sent to the president for signature.
- After the proposal is returned to the Office of Sponsored Programs, the PI will be notified that the proposal has been approved for submission. Please plan for all submissions to be finalized and submitted to the sponsor at least two (2) business days before the published sponsor deadline.