Office of Sponsored Programs
Mission: The Office of Sponsored Programs promotes and supports the academic excellence of The University of Tampa by guiding members of the faculty and administrators to identify, garner and manage sponsored program funding. The goal is to support programs that advance the mission, build partnerships and enhance the reputation of the University while benefiting students, faculty, staff and the greater community.
Funding opportunities can be found by searching GrantForward.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Help complete standard application forms
- Assist in developing and/or expanding proposal ideas
- Identify potential funding sources
- Act as communication liaison with Office of Development and University Relations
- Obtain and interpret guidelines
- Assist in budget development
- Advise potential applicants on gaining required internal endorsements
- Advise on the completion of sponsor forms and certifications
- Review/edit proposal and provide feedback
- Submit electronic proposals on behalf of the University
- Bring together collaborations and partnerships both inter-department and external.
- Assist with letters of intent, preliminary proposals and teaming agreements
- Review and negotiate grant terms and contract clauses on behalf of the University
- Facilitate the establishment of award accounts in the University system
- Oversee project activity in partnership with the principal investigator/project director and the Office of Administration and Finance to ensure compliance with policies of the sponsor, federal or state governments and the University.
- Manage post-award procedures and reporting
- Communicate grant successes to the Office of Communications and Public Affairs as well as University administration
Faculty and staff with questions are encouraged to contact Office of Sponsored Programs by phone or email.
Director of Sponsored Programs
Location: Plant Hall 226
GrantForward is a search engine dedicated to helping institutions and individuals find grant opportunities.