The B.S. in Public Health degree program is designed for students primarily interested in the improvement of health and prevention of disease and disability. The program mission is to improve health throughout the lifespan. The program focuses on:
- Identifying social and behavioral determinants of health;
- Developing and evaluating interventions and policies leading to the improvement of population health;
- Advocating for policy development and programmatic change;
- Investigating and trending diseases from the community level to national level; and
- Preparing professionals for leadership positions in advocacy and public health service.
Upon completion of the program, students will be well qualified for graduate studies and/or fulfilling careers in public and private organizations.